PDA

View Full Version : Snow leopard upgrade

Mellor
1st August 2010, 08:24 PM
Hello ladies and gents,

Just a quick question I need answering. If I upgrade from Leopard (OSX 10.5) to Snow Leopard, what is the best way to do so. I am a novice so be gentle! Is there any chance if I install it on my system I could lose my iPhoto library and also my iTunes library? What about thing like my existing software and printer and internet settings etc. If there is a member in North Brisbane that could help out it could be worth a few beers to them as well as being picked up and dropped off. And last but not least, is the upgrade worth all the hassle. By the way I have a 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac with 4 Gig of ram.

Thank in advance for any help or comments.:cool:

Huy
1st August 2010, 08:26 PM
Insert disc and off you go.

Upgrade. You won't lose anything. It is worth it for the speed and hard disk savings as well as other Snow Leopard improvements. You will notice it on your system.

Mellor
1st August 2010, 08:30 PM
Thank you. I just love this site because once again people are just willing to help for no other reason than we all love the Mac

jusrus
1st August 2010, 10:59 PM
Yep, as Huy said, everything should be fine. I would always suggest having a backup - JUST IN CASE! Either SuperDuper or Time Machine.

Good luck and enjoy the extra speed of SL!