PDA

View Full Version : Dvd Menus

kaiowas
26th September 2005, 02:47 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone creates there own dvd menu's? and not the template ones in imovie or in toast, and what program do they use to insert the menus?

LCGuy
26th September 2005, 03:13 PM
IIRC, iDVD does it.

kaiowas
26th September 2005, 03:35 PM
my comp doesnt have iDVD and i dont think iDVD lets you make menus for dvd's already created in other applications other than iDVD, and i'm tryin to avoid using applications made by apple mainly cause they dont allow you to make ur own menus and just the ugly ass templates already made.

LCGuy
26th September 2005, 03:39 PM
If your Mac came with a SuperDrive it will have iDVD.

Disko
26th September 2005, 03:41 PM
I know you said you didn't want Apple software - but this is a fantastic menu-app http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/dvdstudiopro (or so i've heard)

the_OM
26th September 2005, 03:41 PM
iDVD only let's you use the themes it has in it. You can drop pictures and stuff it in, but they are very customisable.

DVD Studio Pro is what your looking for if you want to make custom menus. I don't know of any others, but I'm sure some other members who work in video would be able to help you out.

Edit: dammit, disko beat me by a few seconds.

symean
26th September 2005, 04:56 PM
Themes that have been created by other people can also be used, some are free, some are not. Try Googling for them.

Rayd
26th September 2005, 05:01 PM
iDVD all the way... really easy aswell