PDA

View Full Version : Can you turn off the phone signal on an iphone while using it as an ipod?

DebB
1st August 2010, 01:07 PM
For my work with hearing impaired children I use my ipod touch and universal dock/remote with a stereo system. I am replacing the touch with an iphone to reduce my device clutter but was wondering if it is possible to use the iphone in this way without the phone signal, as it interferes with the kids' hearing aids and cochlear implant systems - we are not allowed to have phones on in the building.

Does anyone know if the network/phone reception can be switched off while using the phone as an ipod?

Thanks - from an iPhone newbie!

Foxtrot27
1st August 2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I think you just go into the Settings and activate "Airplane mode", it deactivates the Wifi and 3G activity. Fox

zisper
1st August 2010, 02:12 PM
Yep, correct. Once in Airplane Mode you can turn the wifi back on as well if you wish, it'll still leave the 3G radio gear disabled until you turn Airplane Mode off.

Chief911
1st August 2010, 02:12 PM
Can confirm the phone does not receive any wireless signals when in airplane mode.

To Turn on go to settings > Airplane mode (at the top)

Little Plane will sit in the spot where your carrier logo and signal strength usually sit.

DebB
1st August 2010, 04:17 PM
That's brilliant! Thanks a million,
Deb
:)