PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 YELLOW spots / DISCOLORATION in oz?

aqua11alta
31st July 2010, 03:56 AM
so.. most of u guys may have gotten the iPhone 4 and feel terribly happy
I'm happy for u too :)
So.. just wanna know if anyone expriencing the yellow spots that evryone in US talking about??

nickoutram
31st July 2010, 05:59 AM
I'm pretty sure that anyone who was experiencing this in the US wouldn't be anymore - the discolouration is caused by something in the manufacturing process which hasn't had the chance to dry, so disappears shortly.

ParanoidAndroid
31st July 2010, 07:56 AM
No yellow spots but the entire display definitely has a subtle yellow tinge to it. I've been doing some reading and apparently there's disagreement as to this being normal or not. Supposedly the 32GB units have the yellow tinge while the 16GB units have a bluish tinge. Weird.

You guys notice the yellow tinge?

Phil5150
31st July 2010, 09:25 AM
No Yellow tinge or spots of any kind for me, no matter what screen colour i have up.

ParanoidAndroid
31st July 2010, 10:01 AM
16 or 32?

alicia1
31st July 2010, 11:52 AM
Compared my 32gb iphone 4 to my 32gb 3GS and it has a completely different colour tone. My 3GS is a very cool white where the 4 is a warmer white. My friend also got a 32gb and his is the same. I am going to make myself crazy if I keep comparing so I am just going to enjoy and not pay too much attention to the colour :)

Shintaro
31st July 2010, 01:02 PM
Of all the iPhone models, I still think the original had the best colour temp on it.

Phil5150
31st July 2010, 03:58 PM
16 or 32?

Have the 32GB

LevMac
31st July 2010, 04:16 PM
Compared my 32gb iphone 4 to my 32gb 3GS and it has a completely different colour tone. My 3GS is a very cool white where the 4 is a warmer white. My friend also got a 32gb and his is the same. I am going to make myself crazy if I keep comparing so I am just going to enjoy and not pay too much attention to the colour :)

Hey Alicia :)

I too have noticed this, my 32GB iPhone 4 is slightly warmer than my iPhone 3GS, but its definately not yellow, the white's are white, but its just when you compare a different iPhone next to it it seems warmer...

I don't think its an issue either, if we had yellow blotch spots on the screens, then it would be a problem

sleek881
31st July 2010, 04:22 PM
No yellow tint or blotches here. Crisp white.

LevMac
1st August 2010, 11:01 AM
I compared mine to my friends 16GB and his does have a slight blue tinge on his and mine is slightly warmer but mine definately is not yellow.

Im in two minds whether to exchange or not, but since I don't have any dead pixels and everything else works just fine, so I don't think ill risk getting it swapped over

dannyhilton
1st August 2010, 12:47 PM
Nope. Mine looks normal to me. The screen is much better than the 3G that's for sure. But yes, the 'yellowness' was not an ongoing issue, just needed time to dry. I don't believe my iPhone 4 has any yellowness in the screen.

ParanoidAndroid
1st August 2010, 01:33 PM
Mines looking less yellow now but I think that's just because I've adjusted to it. All in all the colour seems really accurate so I won't be taking it back.