PDA

View Full Version : Who got their phone and did you get a bumper?

TheKeddi
30th July 2010, 08:36 AM
Hi guys!

My niece is trying to get me a phone this morning in Adelaide.

She is going to the telstra seller in a shopping centre.

Just a question? did you get a bumper form the shop for free or is it a thing where you have to get it straight from Apple?

thanks,

Ohh and how much outright are they??? the iPhone4?

peterz
30th July 2010, 08:50 AM
I got a free bumper from Optus. I don't believe it's the genuine Apple one however.

kungfucamel
30th July 2010, 09:01 AM
i got a flyer from telstra when i picked up my iphone telling me to get the app from the app store to order my bumper... haven't seen it in the app store yet though.

ellsab
30th July 2010, 09:06 AM
Same here, have to get from Apple direct, got my Iphone from Telstra store.

Devil rolla
30th July 2010, 09:13 AM
telstra, and paperwork here too. no bumper app..

macpom
30th July 2010, 09:14 AM
Telstra gave out a "useful" flyer telling you to go to apple.com.au for details. Can't see the bumper app on the App Store, nor any mention of it on the Oz apple site (that said, the iPhone 4 page on the australian apple site still has "notify me" on the actual page)

alextrob
30th July 2010, 11:22 AM
Telstra gave out a "useful" flyer telling you to go to apple.com.au for details.

Same here. But I'm not even sure I want to put a case on this beautiful phone anyway :p

Vzzzbx
30th July 2010, 11:27 AM
No bumper from Telstra.

I cannot believe the screen on this thing. You really can't see the pixels. It actually looks like a piece of paper. Slightly unnerving tbh.

Thrymr
30th July 2010, 11:29 AM
I got a free bumper from Optus. I don't believe it's the genuine Apple one however.

I checked it out in the flesh this morning and can confirm that it's not the official Apple Bumper.

On a side note, the Apple Store in Perth has no iPhone 4 cases.

iko
30th July 2010, 11:38 AM
In the Apple Store Sydney: No bumpers/cases. The staff said it will be program similar to the one in the US.

ghettro
30th July 2010, 11:38 AM
Same here, bought this morning from Optusworld store. I got a cheapy made in china bumper, not as nice as the real deal so I hope I can get a rebate on the official one.

BoxDog
30th July 2010, 11:40 AM
I want my bluddy bumper. If I don't get it soon I'll cry. I'm too scared to take the plastic off the front and back of my phone and I can't hear the person on the other end. Boo fricking hoo.

Akshunhiro
30th July 2010, 11:42 AM
Awww, is someone upset because they didn't get a new iProduct on launch day?

Diva_Jes
30th July 2010, 01:02 PM
I want my bluddy bumper. If I don't get it soon I'll cry. I'm too scared to take the plastic off the front and back of my phone and I can't hear the person on the other end. Boo fricking hoo.

FYI, the bumper wont protect the front or back of your phone, only the metal around the outside... Its literally like a big rubber band... i got my cheap and nasty Optus one too.. but i was prepared and bought a 3rd party cover last night!

mattcooper
30th July 2010, 02:20 PM
This is the bumper I got free from optus. Not sure if anyone got the same one?

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1/mattcooper/P1030831.jpg

hangdog
30th July 2010, 02:28 PM

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1/mattcooper/P1030831.jpg

My cousin had the same from Optus. He doesn't think much of it and has fitted a different one that covers the back of the phone as well.

Mafesto
30th July 2010, 03:16 PM
Got the iPhone last night from T-Life, no bumper was given, went into the Apple Store at Chaddy this morning and the dude working there said there would be something up on the website tomorrow about how to register to get the free bumper. They didnt have any that they were giving away in the Apple Store there.

tigger_luv
30th July 2010, 03:34 PM
Checked with the staff at apple store, she said the app will be on app store / itune tomorrow.

michaelguo
30th July 2010, 03:46 PM
Purchased from Telstra. No bumper was given. I think I'd rather opt for a proper case that protects the back too

fbruxel
30th July 2010, 04:21 PM
livestrong band FTW :)

mechcon
30th July 2010, 04:35 PM
Just called apple asking about the bumper case program, it's not available in Australia yet. No time/info on when. but no doubt it'll happen..

lovemymac
30th July 2010, 07:36 PM
Got my phone from the Apple Store. Asked about the bumper and the guy said no bumpers, that's for the US only at this time and they don't have info on if or when the bumpers will be available in Australia. He said in the US it's an ap to claim the free bumper so if they do it, it will probably be the same.

SteveJobsBitch
30th July 2010, 07:42 PM
so silly they should just be giving them out like condoms in africa

imacattack
30th July 2010, 07:50 PM
For everyone who hasn't been to this on Apple website on there Bumper Program

Apple Iphone Case Program (http://www.apple.com/iphone/case-program/)

mickbab
30th July 2010, 07:52 PM

Yep, I've got this one too.

Does anyone know if this is considered our free case (if the Case Program is running in Australia) or we will still get a real Apple case?

I said to the workers at the Optus store this morning "So will you have the real Apple bumpers in?", knowing that this wasn't the real thing. They replied "Uh that is the Apple Bumper.", obviously didn't know what was going on.