PDA

View Full Version : Free Bumpers



jared79
28th July 2010, 05:02 PM
Optus just announced on Twitter that they are giving all iPhone 4 customers a free bumper available on the day of launch. Very nice.

Benski
28th July 2010, 06:29 PM
Link?

Thrymr
28th July 2010, 06:33 PM
Link?

Twitter / Optus: Bumper Update! Optus will ... (http://twitter.com/Optus/status/19721436434)

Reubania
28th July 2010, 06:35 PM
Any info about the Apple stores stocking them for iPhone 4 outright purchases?

hokka
28th July 2010, 06:46 PM
Any info about the Apple stores stocking them for iPhone 4 outright purchases?

Apple Store is the least open source, even the outright price for 3GS was only known on the night before, I guess just turn up and ask when you hand over the CC for that BLACK iPhone, my bet is 90% you will be given the chance to pick one, 5% you pay first and they reimburse later (though might be a little hard if you're paying cash as you will need to come back into the store again to pick it up) and the other 5% is there won't be any bumpers at all, just a roll of Gaffa tape :rolleyes:

DeanCorp
28th July 2010, 06:59 PM
Bumper sticker?

jared79
28th July 2010, 07:11 PM
You could also use on of the Apple stickers you get with the phone.

The_Hawk
30th July 2010, 08:49 AM
Is there any info on how to claim the free bumpers?

Having a poke and haven't seen anything (although it wouldn't be the first time I missed something blatantly obvious).

peterz
30th July 2010, 08:51 AM
I got the free bumper from Optus, I don't think it's a genuine Apple one however.. I'd like to get one from Apple though!

mac_man_luke
30th July 2010, 09:40 AM
Is there any info on how to claim the free bumpers?

Having a poke and haven't seen anything (although it wouldn't be the first time I missed something blatantly obvious).

I believe there is an app on the app store to claim (not sure if its on au store yet)

wileycc
30th July 2010, 09:47 AM
I believe there is an app on the app store to claim (not sure if its on au store yet)

If its there...I cant find it. Nor can I find the imovie app

The_Hawk
30th July 2010, 09:47 AM
I believe there is an app on the app store to claim (not sure if its on au store yet)

Been poking the store and haven't seen anything as yet. Will be very interested in a link if anyone find it :)

drewbles
30th July 2010, 10:16 AM
Been poking the store and haven't seen anything as yet. Will be very interested in a link if anyone find it :)

It's not on the AU store yet. The official link is from Apple - iPhone 4 - Case Program (http://www.apple.com/iphone/case-program/) and that's an iTunes link. If you're logged into a US account it takes you to the app page. An AU Account does nothing but say 'not available in your store'. I'm guessing Apple will get around to fixing that in the next day or so.

Reubania
30th July 2010, 06:32 PM
The sales staff at Apple Doncaster really didn't have much information other than that it will be available for Australian customers, however the app has not been made available on the ITMSAUS yet. So watch this space!

Jaffa
30th July 2010, 09:01 PM
The Bumper app and the iMovie app are not yet available on the Australian app store but should be within the next few days.

Reubania
30th July 2010, 09:08 PM
Bumper app is LIVE!

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/iphone-4-case-program/id383941000?mt=8

Huy
30th July 2010, 09:19 PM
Thank you Reubania!

Case: ordered!
Speck PixelSkin HD. The best out of the lot IMO.

Holden Caulfield
30th July 2010, 10:52 PM
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh177/Holden-Caulfield/iP4-case-program-01.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh177/Holden-Caulfield/iP4-case-program-02.jpg

:)

drewbles
30th July 2010, 10:57 PM
Speck Fitted Tartan for me. I probably won't even use it as i'm looking for a specific type of case (slip case not one that lives on the phone). But it's free so i'll take the most appealing one anyway:)

Holden Caulfield
30th July 2010, 11:14 PM
I went for the Incase Snap Case (Smoke).

grfxninja
30th July 2010, 11:17 PM
I went for the Incase Snap Case (Smoke).

Ditto. It's the only one I liked

SaucyChick
30th July 2010, 11:28 PM
Speck Fitted Tartan for me. I probably won't even use it as i'm looking for a specific type of case (slip case not one that lives on the phone). But it's free so i'll take the most appealing one anyway:)

ditto on all points! I hope it feels nice, though.

wholikespotatoes
30th July 2010, 11:35 PM
Bumper for me... prefer a naked phone and don't wanna add bulk/ruin design.

hangdog
30th July 2010, 11:40 PM
Don't forget to check out iLounge's detailed guide (http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/backstage/comments/apple-iphone-4-case-program-here-are-the-best-worst-picks/) to these cases.

wholikespotatoes
31st July 2010, 12:04 AM
My case is being shipped on the 6/9 for me according to my order confirmation email.

wholikespotatoes
31st July 2010, 12:06 AM
Double post.

Joey1983
31st July 2010, 12:52 AM
Ordered a bumper, wanted a white one but hey, for free you can't really complain.
I'll probably just buy a white one once they're released.

bed
31st July 2010, 12:56 AM
In Case Smoke for me too. Delivers 8th of September, so I hope I can last naked in the meantime!

JJMeH
31st July 2010, 12:59 AM
I decided on the Belkin Shield Micra, didn't want to cover up the back of the phone with a random design.

There isn't much info about it and it only has one image on the app, but some of the guys over at macrumors (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=974842) seem to like it.

Ships on the 6th of September... can't really complain when it's free i suppose :P

black_nail
31st July 2010, 07:27 AM
i went the Griffin Reveal Etch...


Ships in 6-8 weeks.. lol.. thats a ridiculous amount of time to have to wait..
i guess i'll buy something cheap from chinatown to keep me going in the mean time.

The_Hawk
31st July 2010, 08:07 AM
I picked up the two clear ones (his and her's iPhones) and will see which looks OK when they get here. Basically want to put on a skin and still be able to see it.

Reality is that since we use docks cases are a PITA so they are very likely to stay mostly nude :)

Reubania
31st July 2010, 08:07 AM
Ordered a bumper, wanted a white one but hey, for free you can't really complain.
I'll probably just buy a white one once they're released.


Same here. It's a free bumper, so just ordered the black one even though I really want the white one. I've order a slim leather case in the meantime as I like all my iPhones naked :)

kangle4
31st July 2010, 12:07 PM
incase snap smoke for me aswell.

samuelowens
31st July 2010, 02:26 PM
Speck Fitted Tartan for me. I probably won't even use it as i'm looking for a specific type of case (slip case not one that lives on the phone). But it's free so i'll take the most appealing one anyway:)

Ditto, and I've happily used iPhones without cases to date so I'll see how I go...

Not shipping till mid-September mind you...

NeoRicen
31st July 2010, 02:50 PM
Went for the Bumper, would've preferred white, but since I'm probably never going to use it, I don't really mind.

Jiahadye
31st July 2010, 04:29 PM
Ordered a black bumper, September 6 ship date, Apple iPod socks until then ($50 from Apple store, $5 at Dick Smith (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/31/89661-5-ipod-socks-dick-smith-right-now.html#post1015397))

xwing25
9th August 2010, 07:36 PM
Is anybody else having an issue with this where the screen goes blank. I get to the part where it says chose your case then the screen goes white and nothing. I have tried the old turn on off and nothing.

xwing25
9th August 2010, 07:37 PM
Is anybody else having an issue with this where the screen goes blank. I get to the part where it says chose your case then the screen goes white and nothing. I have tried the old turn on off and nothing.

wow, it just started working after 4 hrs of trying

simonm
10th August 2010, 05:23 PM
Is it just me or was that iPhone Case Program app really hard to find!!!

I came to this thread searching how to install it because it wasn't searcheable in iTunes at all. You basically had to go to that website in the link and then click on the link that redirected you to iTMS to download the app...

DeanCorp
19th August 2010, 03:21 PM
Just got my iPhone Bumper Case Shipment Notification!