PDA

View Full Version : iP4 Bluetooth Issues..

Devil rolla
28th July 2010, 12:45 PM
After reading and reading, there seems to be an issue with the iP4 and certain bluetooth headsets and pairing issues. Has anyone with an iP4 confirm if they have had any issues similar ?

iPhone 4 issues with stereo Bluetooth headsets? | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews (http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20008764-233.html)

maclab
28th July 2010, 11:23 PM
I think its ios4 issue, my 3GS no longer will pair properly with my pioneer car stereo.

Devil rolla
29th July 2010, 09:01 AM
Ah, I see. Cause they tried an iP4 and an iPod touch, both with iOS4 and only had issues with the phone.

teamfraught
11th August 2010, 01:15 PM
Here's my post from another forum which applies here methinks...

My first post on here so have patience if I'm not following protocol... I've got a pioneer stereo head in my car and I'm using an Iphone 4 having upgraded from the 3g. Had no issues paring the new phone, but when I go to BT Audio, it seems to suggest to use the pared device (all good) which it recognises as the iphone but then it won't connect!!!

I've tried unparing this and my older iphone and paring it again... nothing seems to work.

My old 3G simply pared automatically and when I put it on BT Audio and started playing tunes it would pick it up automatically... anyone experience the same thing, or provide any help?

I'm not aware of the iphone differentiating between telephone/BT Audio so on the handset it simply lists the device as Pioneer OEL BT and that it is connected.

On the pioneer (I think DEH-P7900BT), with the 3G it auto-connected, dloaded phone book, answered calls perfectly... In the telephone menu, I simply had to pare once and it was done... then when I shifted to BT Audio and went into ipod mode, a bluetooth image would appear on the phone and the stereo head would play music or audio for movies etc.

With the iphone4 it's fine in the telephone settings but in the settings in the BT Menu it seems to recognise that the phone is the pared device but won't connect, when I manually connect it looks for it then returns, "not connected" ?????

A real bugger for me cos I often drive to the snow and have video going for the passengers. I've got cables but it only works for music so video is rendered useless!

This problem seems to feature on a few US forums. thought maybe as it's only come out here people may not yet have come across it... perhaps I just need a new stereo head!!!