PDA

View Full Version : Appletalk On Pocket Pcs?

mstrswrd06
24th September 2005, 12:22 AM
I'm new to this forum, and this will probably be my only topic/post because I'm a PC guy and I just have a question on Appletalk-ing.

I have a PocketPC (HP iPaq), and my school is practically all Mac. All the printers are going through AppleTalk, and I was looking around for an AppleTalk client/print solution for myself and my PocketPC. Couldn't find one on the internet, but I did find this forum, so I'm asking if anyone can possibly help me...?

Thanks in advance..

~mstrswrd06

pipsqeek
24th September 2005, 03:35 AM
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. Then again, it's 3:45am, I'm drunk as a skunk, and ready to hit the sack.

iPaq's unfortunately can only interface (either via wifi, bluetooth or USB) to HP printers.

I've been able to install a networked printer, but so far have been unsuccessful at getting it to actually print something. I also read in the HP iPaq forums that at this stage, iPaq's only support HP printers. I cbf finding it now, but I might be able to in a few days, unless you don't mind doing the search for it yourself. :P

Good luck though.

pipsqeek :thumbup:

mstrswrd06
26th September 2005, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by pipsqeek@Sep 24 2005, 03:35 AM
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. Then again, it's 3:45am, I'm drunk as a skunk, and ready to hit the sack.
Hm... pretty good grammar for one who's drunk.

Johnny Appleseed
26th September 2005, 06:58 AM
You might be able to control one of the Macs from your PocketPC using VNC (http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,66292,00.html) software.

mstrswrd06
27th September 2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Appleseed@Sep 26 2005, 06:58 AM
You might be able to control one of the Macs from your PocketPC using VNC (http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,66292,00.html) software.
Wow... good thing I'm not trying to do that.

I'm trying to find a AppleTalk print client for my PocketPC. This doesn't involve VNC at all.