PDA

View Full Version : Ways to purchase iPhone 4

SteveJobsBitch
24th July 2010, 02:00 PM
Hey guys, i know 1 post wonder..

i was just wondering what my options are for purchasing the iphone 4 excluding pre-order because we dont know if they will have it or not yet.

tom5955
24th July 2010, 04:57 PM
It all depends on whether you want it outright or on a plan.
If you wanted it outright, then queueing at an Apple Store would be your best bet. Beside that, some carriers MAY have a couple for outright purchases only (These would be locked to the telco you purchased it from, and most will charge an unlocking fee if you haven't bought the phone with them on a plan. Some other resellers may have the phone but these, again, would likely be locked to the carrier they are selling for.

If you want it on a Plan, then you can either head to your telco's shop and grab one from there, or do the same at an Apple Store. I would hazard a guess and say that the Apple stores will have more in stock for either plan and outright stuff, but if you can get to your telco's shop early enough then it shouldn't be a big deal.

SteveJobsBitch
24th July 2010, 05:49 PM
oh okay, i plan on buying it outright

thanks for replying

not sure if im a big enough die hard apple fan to line up at a ridiculous time in the morning to get one :D

tom5955
24th July 2010, 06:00 PM
Yeahh well it'd be worth getting to an apple store whenever you can during the day, just to check whether they do have some stock for you. Not sure what they do about holding them for people when they get their next shipment, so if you do go ask about that as well, if they are out of stock.

I reckon this one will be in pretty high demand, so you might have to wait a couple of weeks before they are more readily available; even the US is still experiencing shortages, and it was launched about a month ago there.

SteveJobsBitch
24th July 2010, 06:31 PM
yeah that sucks, i just dont know

i cant bare using this mediocre phone much longer going from an iphone to this makes life hard :( haha

o'well ill just have to make a decision to wait outside for a few hours at a very unpleasant time of the morning or wait a while

also, is it possible to buy off the apple store site on the day of the release?

tom5955
24th July 2010, 07:00 PM
Doubtful, if they were going to do online orders on day one I reckon they would have just done pre orders, so might be a few weeks.

ThexMac
24th July 2010, 09:02 PM
When I get the availability email I will order for office delivery...
I wonder if white will still be delayed...? gotta get that white paint just right for Apple...

tom5955
24th July 2010, 09:33 PM
When I get the availability email I will order for office delivery...
I wonder if white will still be delayed...? gotta get that white paint just right for Apple...

There was a press release yesterday from apple about the white iPhone being delayed further, until towards the end of this year I believe (correct me if I'm wrong)

Devil rolla
24th July 2010, 11:10 PM
Do you just line up for iPhone on plan, or do you need to book a personal shopper appointment ?

iphonedev
24th July 2010, 11:14 PM
Although one of my mates who works for the Chaddy Apple store mentioned that there are possibilities of the online pre-ordering coming up later tomorrow but not certain..

The only other option I can think of is lining up at the Chaddy store,Gonna get a Black for me and will buy a white as well,Will flick it on eBay after a week when there is acute shortage

Cheers

tom5955
24th July 2010, 11:18 PM
Do you just line up for iPhone on plan, or do you need to book a personal shopper appointment ?

I'm pretty sure you just line up. And there might be two queues there... One for outright and one for plans, but i've just been told about that, so not certain.

Although one of my mates who works for the Chaddy Apple store mentioned that there are possibilities of the online pre-ordering coming up later tomorrow but not certain..

The only other option I can think of is lining up at the Chaddy store,Gonna get a Black for me and will buy a white as well,Will flick it on eBay after a week when there is acute shortage

Cheers

Yeahh to Be honest I really doubt pre orders now because its way to late for them to get it all sorted before the shipping date on Friday. There is a tiny chance though, but then again I don't think apple would tell the apple store employees about whats happening on the online store. I thought they were never told anything, and if so only at the very last minute.

Jay
25th July 2010, 07:06 AM
Sometimes buying a phone in a plan and cancellong the plan paying an ETC could be cheaper. With iPhone 3GS I bought a 32G with optus $99 timeless plan and it cost me $975 versus $1040 from Apple!!! I hope Optus isn't monitoring this thread!!!