PDA

View Full Version : iPhone replacement question.

matt6288
23rd July 2010, 02:59 PM
So, ive got some problems with my 3GS where the vibrator switch seems to be broken,( when I bump the switch it vibrates randomly) and my headphone controls don't work with it anymore.( they work with my iPad)

So I've rung apple and they have said that it can be replaced under waranty. They have sent out the replacement but I'm a tad worried that when they look at my original iPhone they will declare it as not eligible for repair. And I will be charged for a new phone.

Should I be worried?

Anything I should know?

Thrymr
23rd July 2010, 03:14 PM
They have sent out the replacement but I'm a tad worried that when they look at my original iPhone they will declare it as not eligible for repair. And I will be charged for a new phone.

Is there a reason why you're worried? The issues you've described sound legitimate, and unless they were the result of damage on your part, there shouldn't be any problem replacing it under warranty.

wantedinc
23rd July 2010, 03:16 PM
It would have been easier if you wouldve gone to an apple store, however it should be fine as long as there is no sign of physical or liquid damage.

matt6288
23rd July 2010, 03:19 PM
The switch only seems faulty 70% of the times I use it.
I'm just worried it will get their and they will try it and it will work.

matt6288
23rd July 2010, 03:21 PM
It would have been easier if you wouldve gone to an apple store, however it should be fine as long as there is no sign of physical or liquid damage.

I would of but I live in Newcastle and the nearest to me is down in Sydney. :confused::mad:

Thrymr
23rd July 2010, 03:25 PM
The switch only seems faulty 70% of the times I use it.
I'm just worried it will get their and they will try it and it will work.

They have extensive testing methods. And even if they don't spot the issue, don't worry too much. They should give you the benefit of the doubt and replace it for you.

sennen
23rd July 2010, 03:30 PM
i don't think you should have many problems. of course it will help if they can replicate the problem when you go in to the apple store.

my 3gs developed a superficial hairline crack on the rear case near the mute switch. they took 5 mins to look over (and inside) it, asked a few basic questions and before i knew what was happening the girl already had the (free) replacement unit out of the cupboard behind her.

i think it's always better to let applecare know first, then they have the problem on record, and then can book your genius appointment while you are on the phone to them.

matt6288
23rd July 2010, 03:43 PM
Thx guys. Wish me luck!