PDA

View Full Version : Pc To Mac Internet Sharing

stin
23rd September 2005, 05:11 PM
Can anyone tell me how to share my dad's PC internet connection with my ibook? (Via wireless). Would i need to share the PC internet connection, and enter the router address (on the mac) as the PC's IP address?

hMc
23rd September 2005, 05:52 PM
First of all start by mentioning the hardware you are dealing with exactly-

Do you have a wireless router?
Do you even have a router or are you reffering to your dad's pc acting as a router?
What kind of internet connection are we talking about?
Does your ibook have wireless (airport) inbuilt?

Cheers

Kwest
30th September 2005, 09:06 PM
Hi,

I have a few questions about internet sharing between mac and pc. I have a PC that is running adsl through an adsl modem. The PC also has a netgear wireless adapter, and i have it connected to an airport express network along with my powerbook. I can share files with no problem between the two - but I cant get internet sharing to work so that I can use the internet on the Mac.

Can anyone help me out with this? I dont really have the first idea where to start...

spy
1st October 2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Kwest@Sep 30 2005, 09:06 PM
Hi,

I have a few questions about internet sharing between mac and pc. I have a PC that is running adsl through an adsl modem. The PC also has a netgear wireless adapter, and i have it connected to an airport express network along with my powerbook. I can share files with no problem between the two - but I cant get internet sharing to work so that I can use the internet on the Mac.

Can anyone help me out with this? I dont really have the first idea where to start...
Have you enabled internet connection sharing?

macman_99
1st October 2005, 10:58 PM
have you tried bridging the connections?
from memory, you go to network connections on your PC and highlight the wireless connection and the LAN connection (assuming the ADSL modem is connected through that).
Right click then click on 'bridge connections'.

Should work as if it was connected directly to the network.

Edit: spelling

vitor
7th October 2005, 12:48 PM
Hello Folks.
I have a PC running an ADSL connetcion through a cable modem, and I wanto to share this connection with my G3 iBook. The file sharing sysmtem works OK, but I really don't know how to make this stuff work... I already tryed to activate the ICS on the PC, but still, it does not work.
Thanx

Currawong
7th October 2005, 12:54 PM
Seriously, the simplest option if you have broadband is to get a router (if you have cable) or an ADSL modem/router (with or without wireless as necessary) and use that to run everything.