PDA

View Full Version : Mail and stuff - backup therein

cmetom
26th January 2004, 11:05 PM
okay, OSX - 10.2.8 specifically, but i'll want to do it on 10.3 in the future...

on the hard drive there is the Users folder, and within that all the user directories with all those files etc.

if i want to move a user's mail, say, from one machine to another, do i just drag and drop the mail folder from that user's directory on one machine to the other??

if so, then once the copy is complete does it mean that you fire up Mail on the 2nd machine (the one that received the data) and all the mailfolders and accounts etc are right there already?

if i&#39;m way off, could someone explain how it all works please. if you&#39;ve ever tried shifting your mail between computers with windows and outlook express, you&#39;ll understand why i&#39;m so concerned&#33;&#33; <_<

Disko
26th January 2004, 11:09 PM
You&#39;re about on track.

I did that on my re install of panther. The only thing you&#39;ve got to do extra is to re enter the account into mail. Once you&#39;ve done that, all the previous and archived mail will appear.

Disko
27th January 2004, 04:42 PM
I reinstalled panther again this morning - i can guarantee you that what i said above works. :)

cmetom
27th January 2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Disko@Jan 27 2004, 05:42 PM
I reinstalled panther again this morning - i can guarantee you that what i said above works. :)
nice one, man&#33; i&#39;m very happy to hear that. :) :)