PDA

View Full Version : Softphone For Mac

Galumay
22nd September 2005, 06:46 PM
i am currently using an Xpro softphone that was supplied by engin when i signed up, i want to try other providers like sipme and the Xpro seems to be locked to the engin configuration.

has anyone found a cheap download for Xpro for mac or an alternative good softphone for mac??

zbaron
22nd September 2005, 09:36 PM
There is also a free version called X-Lite from www.xten.com

I'm not sure exactly what the differences between X-Pro and X-Lite are, but i've been using it as a SIP soft phone and it works quite well.

Maticks
24th September 2005, 03:10 PM
x-pro has more lines and better address book functionality also the gui can be customized a bit.

Galumay
24th September 2005, 04:54 PM
thanks for the tips, i have ended up using sjphone which has a disgusting interface but works very well!! it looks like crap on the desktop and doesnt have a lot of functionality but the call quality and clarity is great. the address book doesnt work until you register it but thats ok.

mind you its unclear how much the stability and quality is the softphone and how much is the provider, i have an engin locked softphone with dropouts, echo and poor quality generally and now i have a sjphone configured to sipme which has the high quality and stability but i cant get engin working on it yet to prove whether it is the provider or the softphone!