PDA

View Full Version : Three & MicroSim

alphaone
18th July 2010, 03:22 PM
Hey Guys,

Just finished my conversation with one of the Three cust service on the phone.

me: would it be possible for three to do a sim swap to a micro sim if I getting a blank one from the retail shop for the iPhone 4?

three: we do not have any information that iPhone 4 is using either a micro sim or a normal sim - you need to contact apple to ask this.

me: :confused: - yes, it definitely using a micro sim.

three: sorry, we do not have any information for iPhone 4 yet - just ask apple to confirm this.

me: :shocked: and getting more :confused1:

Any one ever ask three for the sim swap into a micro sim? I really wish to know how to getting one once i get my hand on the iPhone 4 in a couple of weeks.

Thanks guys..

Exocet
18th July 2010, 03:28 PM
If the launch of the iPad is anything to go by there will be no shortage of micro SIMs available on-launch. Don't worry.

tom5955
18th July 2010, 03:29 PM
I'm not certain, but I would assume that they will let you when it comes out. I think I saw an article on the Vodafone blog and they said something about it becoming available after the iPhone is released, and three and Voda are running on similar policies nowadays i believe.

If not you can always download a stencil and cut it yourself.

Vaempyr
18th July 2010, 04:32 PM
I'm pretty sure 3 confirmed on Twitter that (a) they'll have microSIMs available for the iPhone 4 launch and (b) you'll be able to move your existing 3 mobile plan from a SIM to a microSIM without too much trouble.

supafly
18th July 2010, 04:36 PM
I just switched to a virgin smartphone plan this morning. They advised me that there will be no issues at all getting a micro-sim and transfer to it will not cost me anything.

Tim from 3
19th July 2010, 12:25 PM
Hi alphaone,

We're currently not swapping existing services onto micro sims. That could well change (i'm positive it will) once the iphone 4 launches.

Customer care staff are locked down pretty tight about the iphone 4 and the launch there of. With a lot of existing products etc to take care of we're not really talking about the iphone 4 until we need to (internally).

Once the phone launches, you'll be able to speak to care about it then :)

Cheers
Tim

freefallgrue
20th July 2010, 12:46 PM
If they give you any guff, it's easy enough to do with a stanley knife.

ZeMule
29th July 2010, 12:36 PM
Hi alphaone,

We're currently not swapping existing services onto micro sims. That could well change (i'm positive it will) once the iphone 4 launches.

Customer care staff are locked down pretty tight about the iphone 4 and the launch there of. With a lot of existing products etc to take care of we're not really talking about the iphone 4 until we need to (internally).

Once the phone launches, you'll be able to speak to care about it then :)

Cheers
Tim
Any progress on this tim?

alphaone
30th July 2010, 07:23 PM
the guy @ the Apple store help me with the sim transfer. He called 3 on behalf of me. He advised that the transfer will be done in 4 hours - but in 10 mins it has been done :)

Jess from 3
3rd August 2010, 02:28 PM
Awesome :D