PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 hard Drive issues

MacRobbo
17th July 2010, 11:47 AM
Okay, so heres the issue:

Last night I thought that id reinstall OS X because of a known issue with getting boot camp to work (but thats another story), anyway, the computer was working fine when I went to sleep. When I woke up this morning, turned on the computer, it has trouble with everything. The smallest tasks lock it up. I can't even get system preferences to open without crashing the computer. I havent checked something intensive such as itunes, because it was a fresh install. Anyway, the hard drive seems to exhibit some symptoms of pre-failure, and i wanted to know if you peoples think this is the most probable reason for the issues? I cant even get into the install disk to reinstall OS X again. I just don't really feel like sending it into Apple, because I go back to school next week and will probably need the computer.

The computer also takes a long time to boot. Suprisingly Safari works as fast as it should.

Specs:

-Intel Core i7 MacBook Pro 15"
-4GB RAM
-500GB Hard Drive 7200 RPM
-Nvidia Geforce 330

Wally
17th July 2010, 12:16 PM
Could also be the RAM in theory...

Try running the Apple Hardware Test on your Installation DVD (holding D instead of C at startup). See what that brings up.

MacRobbo
17th July 2010, 12:54 PM
I thought it was the RAM for a while, while I was running the hardware test. However, the hardware test saw nothing wrong with any component. I am currently downloading software updates to see if they would help, but im not sure what the issue is anymore...