PDA

View Full Version : iTunes 5.0.1 Released [merged]

gmask1
21st September 2005, 09:54 AM
Just a quick note that an update to iTunes is now available through the auto-updater. From iLounge:

"Apple has updated iTunes to version 5.0.1 to address fairly widespread issues affecting users. According to the brief releases notes accompanying the update, version 5.0.1 “features several stability improvements over iTunes 5.” No other specific details are available at this time. iTunes 5.0.1 can be downloaded here.

Last week, Apple acknowledged the problems users were experiencing and said it would release an update to fix the issues. “Apple is aware that a limited number of customers are experiencing issues with installing iTunes 5,” the company said at the time. “We’re working to resolve this and expect to have a software update early next week.” "

designers_hub
21st September 2005, 11:16 PM
I just updated itune to 5.1 and it features FOLDERS!!! YEPPY!!!

It also as smart playlists (i think this is new), but the folders a certainly new and a welcomed addition!

dil_baby
21st September 2005, 11:20 PM
I think you mean 5.0.1. The smart playlists came some time ago and the folders came in 5.0... but yeah, they're great!

xfodder
21st September 2005, 11:21 PM
5.0.1 was released, it was only a minor update, it didnt add anything.

Folders were introduced in 5.0 and smart playlists have been in itunes for as long as i can remember.

sorry to burst your bubble

Raskita
22nd September 2005, 06:00 AM
What seems to be the problem? I haven't had any problem using iTunes, but its always nice to use the latest version :P

titan44
22nd September 2005, 07:31 AM
I've heard of a fair few windoze users having dramas.

Rayd
22nd September 2005, 07:46 AM
nothing wrong with 5.0 but never the less i got 5.0.1 and now nothings wrong again :D :D

glenmorrow
22nd September 2005, 08:57 AM
I did hear of people on here saying they were having trouble with iTunes 5, think from memory it was something to do with ripping CDs, but personally, like above, i've had no problems at all, and since the update, continue to have no problems at all.

sikosis
22nd September 2005, 11:53 AM
Hopefully, it fixes the problem where iTunes 5.0 failed to installed on Windows XP.

I've been advising Windows users to stick with 4.9 until a newer version comes out.

Arkhum_Eramak
22nd September 2005, 12:35 PM
My friend installed iTunes 5.0.1 for windows over 5.0 and said the user interface colour looked different...I thought that was a bit odd...

Byrd
22nd September 2005, 12:49 PM
There were two threads on the same thing; I've merged them together and put into Apple Software forum :)

JB

spike@au
22nd September 2005, 12:56 PM
Good news, I was all a bit concerned about updating as I do know of at least one mac user that was having some funky problems with pre-existing podcast subscriptions having to be reimported etc. I've got a few podcast subscriptions going now so I'll update to new 5.01 from 4.9 and report back.

Tejas
22nd September 2005, 01:00 PM
under 5.0 i was unable to delete mp3's from the libery. under 5.01 i can now.

Silver
22nd September 2005, 01:04 PM
They also fixed not being able to share music unless the radio was displayed.

bassmanbliss
22nd September 2005, 01:05 PM
I did hear of people on here saying they were having trouble with iTunes 5, think from memory it was something to do with ripping CDs

I have this problem with my 550 G4 Powerbook, it grabs the cd track names off the net and the cd shows up in iTunes and the desktop. When I try to play or rip the cd the spinning beachball just keeps on a spinning until I force quit. I zapped the PRAM and it worked fine for one cd but the second cd, same problem. I am still not convinced it is not a hardware issue but I had a look on the apple.com discussion forums and a few people with similar model powerbooks to mine are having the same issue.

This has only started since upgrading to iTunes 5, any advice/assistance would be much appreciated as it is quite frustrating.

By the way 5.0.1 hasn't fixed the issue in my machine.

designers_hub
22nd September 2005, 02:14 PM
lol... really?

on the update it says "new updates include folders"

o well, i'm just happy to have folders. So many playlists!

sikosis
23rd September 2005, 09:51 AM
I think I'm going to cry .... iTunes 5 and 5.01 is crap. :thumbdn:

I now can't sync/copy any files across to my iPod.

They just sit there with grey dots on them and it does nothing. :angry:

So, how do you roll back iTunes ?

x01_01_01@hotmail.com
4th October 2005, 06:48 PM
Well I'm having one problem (So far) with iTunes 5.0.1...
When I import a CD all works fine, the CD imports and everything is normal, but when i go to eject the CD from the computer I get the Black Screen telling me that I must 'Restart Now'... And it doesn't eject the CD !?! Anyway to fix this?
Has anyone else had this issue/problem? Is it posted anywhere else on here ?
I've posted this on Apple.com's discussion, but is their anyway to report this directly to Apple? ? - I can't find the web-page...
/Adam

waynie
4th October 2005, 06:51 PM
I'm not having iPod sync problems, but why oh why has the Windows version renamed all my The Used to Used, The. Plus there's the occasional "iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. Would you like to send your life's details to Microsoft so that we can tell you we're not the vendor?"

On my powerbook, I miss the brushed metal :( But cant complain besides that...