PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone new iPhone Plans

DazR6
11th July 2010, 09:32 AM
Hi all I found this today, I'm not sure when it went up but I have a $79 plan that I went onto 3 months ago and the $79 plan was for $500 and 1Gb of Data now it's $800 and 1Gb of Data plus unlimited txt & pxt.

Mobile Phone Plans - Contract, Prepaid, SIM Only & Business Caps (http://store.vodafone.com.au/vodafone-apple-plans-mobile-phone-plans.aspx)

Phil5150
11th July 2010, 10:18 AM
That must have changed in the last few days, as I checked it last week
it was actually $550 and 1GB of data
Even the $69 plan has changed from $450 credit to $650 credit
this is where you can find the old info for the plans
for the moment the site has not been updated

Compare the best mobile phones & plans from Vodafone, Optus, Telstra, 3 Mobile, Crazy Johns & more (http://www.comparemobileplans.com.au)

DeKa
11th July 2010, 10:25 AM
You can change to the new plans - just call up - it doesn't extend your contract term, although you do lose any discounts you had applied (eg the NRMA 10% off discount).

Goodbye
11th July 2010, 10:30 AM
I guess they don't allow you to downgrade your plan?

DazR6
11th July 2010, 10:50 AM
That must have changed in the last few days, as I checked it last week
it was actually $550 and 1GB of data
Even the $69 plan has changed from $450 credit to $650 credit
this is where you can find the old info for the plans
for the moment the site has not been updated

Compare the best mobile phones & plans from Vodafone, Optus, Telstra, 3 Mobile, Crazy Johns & more (http://www.comparemobileplans.com.au)

Yes I know the old plan states $550 but the reality is that on my Vodafone page in Entitlements and Usage it says I only have $500 every month and the some on the Consume App as well. I have no idea why it's different to the advertised plan????????? :frustrating:

DeKa
11th July 2010, 10:55 AM
They don't let you downgrade your spend.

DazR6 - you have to call up and ask to change - they must have changed your "spend's" entitlement a couple of times.

It's all listed here .. Want to Change Plans? - Contracts - Vodafone Australia (http://www.vodafone.com.au/personal/plans/existing-customer/changeplans/index.htm)

babypoppop
11th July 2010, 11:01 AM
ooo.. this is a teaser of Vodafone plans for the iPhone 4! interesting plans, although the monthly repayments for the phone is yet to be announced.

Sambo
11th July 2010, 12:18 PM
Quick question, if you have an unlocked iPhone and choose to go with Vodafone. Must you then sign-up to their specific iPhone plans, or can you choose a sim-only cap?

Iain Best
11th July 2010, 12:45 PM
Yes I know the old plan states $550 but the reality is that on my Vodafone page in Entitlements and Usage it says I only have $500 every month and the some on the Consume App as well. I have no idea why it's different to the advertised plan????????? :frustrating:
Because the $500 in entitlements is excluding GST, add 10% GST and it becomes the $550 you were expecting.

babypoppop
11th July 2010, 01:35 PM
Quick question, if you have an unlocked iPhone and choose to go with Vodafone. Must you then sign-up to their specific iPhone plans, or can you choose a sim-only cap?

u can go on a sim-only plan! that's what one of my mates are doing now, because he has got the iPhone 3GS outright.

MacNut
11th July 2010, 01:51 PM
Optus does NOT appear on this comparison ??

Compare the best mobile phones & plans from Vodafone, Optus, Telstra, 3 Mobile, Crazy Johns & more (http://www.comparemobileplans.com.au)[/QUOTE]

Mac Monk
12th July 2010, 02:25 PM
I have noticed with many of these plans that when the monthly allowance goes up so does the per minute rate ie: while it looks like you get more, believe me, you don't. This is especially so for international calls. The plan I am on is one year old and to call:-

NZ is 14c per minute, on the new plan it is $2.20
Canada is 22c per minute, on the new plan it is $1.80
UK is 17c per minute, on the new plan it is $1.60
USA is 14c per minute, on the new plan it is $1.00

I also see that they now don't include 1300 & 1800 numbers either.

babypoppop
12th July 2010, 02:36 PM
I have noticed with many of these plans that when the monthly allowance goes up so does the per minute rate ie: while it looks like you get more, believe me, you don't. This is especially so for international calls. The plan I am on is one year old and to call NZ is 18c per minute, on the new plan it is $2.50.

yes, this is true for most of the time; hence, u've got to do your maths.

but what's really clear now is that the free included data has increased and there's unlimited calls to vodafone and 3. if you've got lots of mates on voda or 3, it saves u alot too.

and, the contract caps did not include international calls prior to March 2010.

Mac Monk
12th July 2010, 02:52 PM
and, the contract caps did not include international calls prior to March 2010.

They still don't, hence my table above comparing differences. I think you mean't int. text etc.

I haven't checked 3's plans for awhile now but if they are better I will switch back when my plan runs out in a year. Their plans do include $100 of int. calls on their plans.

babypoppop
12th July 2010, 03:14 PM
They still don't, hence my table above comparing differences. I think you mean't int. text etc.

I haven't checked 3's plans for awhile now but if they are better I will switch back when my plan runs out in a year. Their plans do include $100 of int. calls on their plans.

they do now, both vodafone and 3, since March 2010. you're losing out on so much. i've been using it since then! :)

Click on View Cap Inclusions, underneath the Included Value
Mobile Phone Plans - Contract, Prepaid, SIM Only & Business Caps (http://store.vodafone.com.au/vodafone-caps-mobile-phone-plans.aspx?pid=vcap:plan:hero:new-value-caps)

This is extracted from the official media release: "In addition, the new Cap plans will enable customers to use their whole Cap value on International voice calling and texting, making it even easier to stay in touch with family and friends in Australia or overseas."

Media release available here: http://www.vodafone.com.au:80/stelprd/groups/webcontent/documents/webcontent/dev_007938.pdf

Note that you've got to call them up to switch to these new plans, because it will not automatically replace your current plan without getting vocal consent from you.

The same applies to 3 as well. Since they've become the same company, they're plans are virtually the same on certain plans.

Mac Monk
12th July 2010, 03:38 PM
There seems to be some conflicting info on this, so I just rang Vodafone to enquire:-

I am on the $99 unlimited plan and this contains absolutely no free included international calls.

All other new plans do include int. calls as part of the cap, and the reason for this is that they significantly put up the price of int. calls as I outlined above.

A bit of a complete mess if you ask me, the people that pay the most don't get any free int calls.

babypoppop
12th July 2010, 04:37 PM
There seems to be some conflicting info on this, so I just rang Vodafone to enquire:-

I am on the $99 unlimited plan and this contains absolutely no free included international calls.

All other new plans do include int. calls as part of the cap, and the reason for this is that they significantly put up the price of int. calls as I outlined above.

A bit of a complete mess if you ask me, the people that pay the most don't get any free int calls.

Oh, there's no conflict. you get no included international calls if you're on the unlimited plans, because they wouldn't want you to have unlimited international calls! that would be too good to be true.

i'm on the $49 cap, so i'm enjoying the new privileges!

in my honest opinion, they should implement a cap on international calls for those who are on unlimited plans.

DeKa
12th July 2010, 05:46 PM
Combine it with Pennytel's iPhone app using SmartDial or Callback (you shouldn't use Smartdial according to the T&C's of the unlimited plan though) and you're on a winner. There are numerous other VSPs (Mynetfone included) who have 'dial through' systems.

Technically, these re-routed calls can be charged at $1.20/min by Vodafone, and even if they found out and did bill you, that's heaps cheaper than using their international rates! I'd use the Callback facility however, as that is not breaking any T&Cs.