PDA

View Full Version : Using SQlite files on mac...

melbmac
8th July 2010, 06:56 PM
It is a really long story, but does anyone know of a way to get a calendar.sqlitedb file to work in iCal...

I have searched the hell out of this with zero luck. I can get the file open (it all looks like jibberish to me) and export it as other things, none of which iCal seems to want to have a bar of...

Any advice or suggestions???

If your in Melbourne there is a beer in it for ya!

:cool:

lord
8th July 2010, 07:24 PM
In all probability its a totally different type of database, which iCal will have no idea how to read.

melbmac
8th July 2010, 07:48 PM
iCal wont read it, that's for sure.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to convert it over to something more useable...

Maybe?

lord
8th July 2010, 07:51 PM
Where did it come from?

The gibberish you are seeing isn't SQLite, download yourself a proper program and you will be able to see what the tables actually are.

melbmac
8th July 2010, 07:55 PM
Came from a program called something along the lines of "iPhone backup extractor."

Any suggestions on a decent (and easy to understand) SQL viewer?

lord
8th July 2010, 07:59 PM
This. (http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/files/sqlitebrowser/1.3/sqlitebrowser-1.3-osx.dmg/download)

I suggest that it will take more effort than it is worth to do anything with this.

melbmac
8th July 2010, 08:41 PM
This. (http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/files/sqlitebrowser/1.3/sqlitebrowser-1.3-osx.dmg/download)

I suggest that it will take more effort than it is worth to do anything with this.

From what I've managed to find out, I'd say your right.

I was hopeful someone here would say, duh, just use this...

melbmac
9th July 2010, 08:10 AM
Guess the lack of replies answer that then....

QuickSilver
9th July 2010, 10:08 AM
It is a really long story, but does anyone know of a way to get a calendar.sqlitedb file to work in iCal...

Where does this file come from? I would assume if it was a standard format then it would be readable by something?

lord
9th July 2010, 10:31 AM
Where does this file come from?

Came from a program called something along the lines of "iPhone backup extractor."

I'm assuming it came from the iCal app, and the OP is attempting to restore his deleted iCal records.