PDA

View Full Version : Start Up Disk

aussiedeano
20th September 2005, 06:44 PM
I was burning a CD in iTunes and it came up with a message "Start up disk full, delete some files". How do I do that? Can someone give me a run through?

Thanks!

Dean

dangelovich
20th September 2005, 06:54 PM
Find some files you don't want on your computer, drag them to the Trash, then select Finder -> Empty Trash.

If you're not sure what a file/folder is, don't delete it... unless you post here and ask first. Someone will be able to tell you if it's safe to delete or not.

kit
20th September 2005, 08:06 PM
Have a look at Omni Group's OmniDiskSweeper, which will tell you where your hard drive space is being used.

As a general principal everything outside your Home folder should be left alone (unless you have LOTS of applications you don't use).

aussiedeano
20th September 2005, 08:58 PM
Well I made that mistake. I was trying to unclutter my desktop, as I have most stuff in my dock that I like. Sent what I thought were just "Copies" of stuff that was already in my dock to the trash, and I lost lots of stuff. And now when I try to empty my trash, there are 99 items that are locked and cannot be deleted, but are not in the trash folder, so I have no idea how to get them back.....

So I'll try the delete the trash thing and see what happens....

Thanks!

Deano