PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Magic Mouse!

kevinnugent
3rd July 2010, 01:52 PM
Is there no end to Microsoft's innovation and legendary long term vision.....oh.

Microsoft prepping Magic Mouse-like Arc Touch Mouse? -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/02/microsoft-prepping-magic-mouse-like-arc-touch-mouse/)

wabbit
3rd July 2010, 08:07 PM
Then if you knew actually how long MS have been testing touch based mice you wouldn't be making such a silly comment.

HatsuneMiku
5th July 2010, 11:47 PM
I still can't get used to any bluetooth mouse, they are all too heavy.

dotnet
6th July 2010, 01:17 AM
I still can't get used to any bluetooth mouse, they are all too heavy.

Apple Magic Mouse (BT): 106g
Logitech MX Revolution (RF): 148g
Logitech G5 (wired): 108g
Targus Touch Scroll (BT): 124g

I weighed the Apple and Targus mice with standard alkaline batteries. Lithium AAs would make them lighter.

There is nothing inherently heavy about Bluetooth.

Cheers
Steffen.

auspad
8th July 2010, 01:49 AM
jeez, do you think it get a virus? everything else made by microsoft does :p

kevinnugent
9th July 2010, 09:20 AM
You're not allowed to make silly comments either! :)

Tzortst
9th July 2010, 01:19 PM
I look forward to it, apple have the worst ergonomics when it comes to making mice!

Japester
9th July 2010, 01:25 PM
I look forward to it, apple have the worst ergonomics when it comes to making mice!

Speak for yourself. I like the flatness of the Magic Mouse. I'm also one of a handful of people who liked the puck mouse. I liked how I could put my whole hand over it and squeeze to click.

I had a Microsoft Arc Mouse and liked it but I was concerned about the hinge wearing under pressure of my hand. Because I used it with a desktop, and it's designed for travel (folds up), it didn't seem an appropriate fit. An Arc mouse that didn't fold (for strength) would be great!

Tzortst
9th July 2010, 01:35 PM
Speak for yourself. I like the flatness of the Magic Mouse. I'm also one of a handful of people who liked the puck mouse. I liked how I could put my whole hand over it and squeeze to click.

You are a very small minority, the puck was terrible.

As for the Magic mouse, it is way to shallow, i found it very uncomfortable to use, and most reviews seem to agree. I guess if you liked the puck you would like the magic

Japester
9th July 2010, 01:57 PM

As for the Magic mouse, it is way to shallow, i found it very uncomfortable to use, and most reviews seem to agree. I guess if you liked the puck you would like the magic

Yes, I realise that very few like the puck. I also think it's not a good design, mostly because its symmetry made it easy to lose orientation, but for some reason it worked for me.

Mice are peculiarly personal to people. Flat works for me. I don't think it's poor ergonomics, just poor for some people.

I would still be very interested in a new Arc, as I liked the feel of that as well, even though it's a very different shape. My concern with the existing one was breaking the hinge by constant pressure. Good for portability, bad for strength.

idiesel
20th August 2010, 07:50 PM
some press shots (http://www.microsoft.com/germany/partner/retail/content.aspx?content=Hardware/Arc_Touch_Mouse)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/08/arc-touch-mouse-marketing-1.jpg

In my mind it addresses the 1 complaint I have about the Apple Magic Mouse - which I find too flat.

MightyAtom
20th August 2010, 08:32 PM

The puck was ergonomically fine as long as you held it the way it was designed, apparently few people did, I found it perfectly comfortable.

The real problem with the puck was that the rollerball tracking was terrible compared to most other mice at the time.

yagankiely
21st August 2010, 01:22 AM
Mice are peculiarly personal to people. Flat works for me. I don't think it's poor ergonomics, just poor for some people.Indeed. I love the flatness of the magic mouse, I dislike having it touch my palm.

grfxninja
21st August 2010, 02:04 AM
The puck was ergonomically fine as long as you held it the way it was designed, apparently few people did

So… they were holding it wrong!
:p

Actually, I agree. I never understood why people didn't like the puck mouse. I found it perfectly comfortable and used it for years without any problems…

BoyB0y
12th November 2010, 03:14 PM
If Microsoft did come out with this 'arched' mouse design, I would still prefer the Magic Mouse over it.