PDA

View Full Version : Apple Pages '05

Wheels
19th September 2005, 04:29 PM
Hi,

I have made a chart using Apple Pages but I can't find a way to add an x-axis. The rest of the chart is fine and I have manged to get an y-axis so any hints??

Thanks,

wheels8989

The Architect.mac
19th September 2005, 04:32 PM
Click on your chart

The - chart dialog - box will appear

under - Axes and Borders - drop down menu
make sure you have 'Show X-Axis' ticked and 'Show Y-Axis' ticked

'show chart borders' is also a tickable option in that list.

Hope that helps

Cheers :ph34r:

Wheels
19th September 2005, 05:16 PM
Sorry but that didn't work..............both the "Show X-Axis" and "Show Y-Axis" are both already ticked. The "show chart borders" is also now ticked but it hasn't done anything. Any more ideas??

Squozen
19th September 2005, 06:45 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I see the X and Y axis in your screenshot already...?

Buthidae
19th September 2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Squozen@Sep 19 2005, 06:45 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I see the X and Y axis in your screenshot already...?
Yeah, I admit my maths isn't great, but that graph looks a lot like it has an x-axis... Nonetheless, the numbers are rotated 90 to the left, and that is not good.

Umm, I think you may have broken it somehow... perhaps you should try again? (http://members.iinet.net.au/~jimbow/pages.jpg)

Wheels
19th September 2005, 07:47 PM
Sorry, what I mean is how can I put a LABEL on the x-axis! Sorry for the confusion!

Squozen
19th September 2005, 08:13 PM
Ah! You can't do that in Pages right now with the Chart tool. You'll need to make a text box.

To add descriptive text to a chart:

Create a text box, position it where you want on the chart, and then enter text.

With the Media tool you can rotate text and so on. Like so:

The Architect.mac
19th September 2005, 08:16 PM
Ah i thought as much as i looked aound once labels were mentioned.

The simplicity of pages - u want a label - u write it and put it where u want it.

Wheels
19th September 2005, 08:29 PM
OK, thanks a lot guys!