PDA

View Full Version : IOS4 on 3GS can no longer control BT volume

Mongrel
30th June 2010, 06:23 PM
Hi Guys,

Once I had a iPhone 3G and I was disappointed that I could not control the call volume when using the BT in car kit that is factory fitted to my Triton.

Purchased and iPhone 3GS, and Yippee, I can control the call volume.

Upgrade that 3GS to IOS4, and now I can no longer control the call volume in the car.

The problem is, there is no way to turn the volume up or down in the car full stop, as the in car kit does not have a volume control. So now every call makes my ears bleed!! :(

Why Apple??? Why?? What was wrong with the last Blue Tooth features?

Can you please add this to our wish list in the first upgrade. ;)

Thank you!
-J

matt6288
30th June 2010, 06:27 PM
Since the new upgrade, I cannot seem to turn my volume up on my iPhone using the controls on my apple earphones. Is this the same kind of problem?
Can anyone help me?

Mongrel
30th June 2010, 10:57 PM
YES - The same problem I believe!!!

So because my in car BT kit does not have volume controls, I can adjust the volume, whereas before the update - I could! :(

macaholic
1st July 2010, 12:33 AM
Did you un-pair and re-pair those BT car kits?

maclab
1st July 2010, 01:01 AM
I have tried everything and now I can no longer get my iPhone
With ios4 to connect to my pioneer Bluetooth head unit in my car. So now I have to use my iPad for in car music.

entranced
1st July 2010, 01:48 AM
I've a 3GS and Pioneer BT headset and have had no probs since the ios4 upgrade. Still have volume control etc. Music is played via external input. Unfortunately i have no answers but can confirm that ios4 can work assuming no other conflicts

Mongrel
1st July 2010, 10:09 AM
I have not "un-paired" as such - I will try that this afternoon.

Cheers
-J

mycle
1st July 2010, 03:10 PM
My bluetooth in car is no longer working with iOS4 on 3GS. Wife's 3GS is still on OS3 and is fine. It can see the phone but audio controls don't work and ipod app doesn't play through speakers anymore. Haven't tried making calls yet. Looking on apple support forums, it appears this is a common problem with iOS4.

dotnet
1st July 2010, 04:35 PM
I have never seen a BT car kit (or head set) that doesn't have some kind of volume control. How did you adjust the volume prior to iOS 4? Using the volume control rocker on the phone?? That would be illegal in some states and make using a BT car kit rather pointless.

On another note, after upgrading my 3G to iOS 4 BT kept working in the car for a few days. Then, out of the blue, instead of having the car kit connect to the phone automatically a female voice proclaimed that I needed to pair my phone. I ignored that for a few days (couldn't find the piece of paper with the pairing code needed for the car kit) and suddenly it sprang back into life again. With no action on my behalf whatsoever.

What's more, it gave me a new feature. Previously, when I received a call while driving, the phone would start ringing and the car kit would emit some generic loud bleeps over the car stereo at the same time. Now, after the magical re-pairing, the phone remains silent and the car kit plays my iPhone ringtone over the car speakers! Bugger me if I know what's going on, but if it stays like this I'm happy.

Cheers
Steffen.

Mongrel
1st July 2010, 07:29 PM
There is no volume control on my in car BT set. It is factory fitted to a Mitsubishi Triton, and only has a pickup and hangup button.

On 3GS I could simply use the buttons on the side of the phone to turn the volume up or down.

Now even after a re-pair, it does not work.

I do like the ring tone over the speakers though... and the nice Australian sounding female voice, I just wish I could take a call that does not make my ears bleed. Hmmm Apple might want to be careful, or someone out there might end up taking apple to court for damages!! EEK!!!

Mine is SO loud, it is almost unbearable... not to mention the damage it is probably doing to my car's speakers.

Joey1983
1st July 2010, 08:47 PM
It's not just you, mine's doing the same thing after the 4.0 update.
I used to use the phone to control the volume, luckily my car kit has a dedicated volume control. Also now that the ringtone comes through the car speakers it's very echoed and extremely loud :(