PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone 30 Day iPad Expiry Date / Time?

skritter
28th June 2010, 05:56 PM
Query:

Vodafone's Prepaid credit rolls over IF you recharge BEFORE the 30 day Expiry.

When does the 30 day expiry occur TO THE MINUTE?
Can anyone point to where on the Vodafone web site where it explains this.

For instance my credit expires on the 30th. Do I need to recharge before 11.59PM on the 29th, or is it by 11.59PM on the 30th, or is it some other abitary time (say like midday on the 30th).

I was going to recharge a couple of days ago to be ahead of the game, and still have 500MB of credit remaining thinking they would just tack on a new 30 days. But it doesn't work like that. If you recharge early, even if you have credit left a NEW 30 day expire clock begins the moment you recharge.

I want to be able to maximise my recharge calendar.

NeoRicen
28th June 2010, 06:21 PM
Query:

Vodafone's Prepaid credit rolls over IF you recharge BEFORE the 30 day Expiry.

When does the 30 day expiry occur TO THE MINUTE?
Can anyone point to where on the Vodafone web site where it explains this.

For instance my credit expires on the 30th. Do I need to recharge before 11.59PM on the 29th, or is it by 11.59PM on the 30th, or is it some other abitary time (say like midday on the 30th).

I was going to recharge a couple of days ago to be ahead of the game, and still have 500MB of credit remaining thinking they would just tack on a new 30 days. But it doesn't work like that. If you recharge early, even if you have credit left a NEW 30 day expire clock begins the moment you recharge.

I want to be able to maximise my recharge calendar.
That's not how it works.

The 500MB will be added to your new recharge, but will expire the same time it was always going to expire.

Observe:

Day 1: Recharge 1GB, Balance 1GB.
Day 15: Recharge 2GB, Balance 3GB.
Day 30: Balance 3GB.
Day 31: 1GB Recharge expires, Balance 2GB.
Day 45: Balance 2GB.
Day 46: 2GB Recharge expires, Balance 0GB.

skritter
28th June 2010, 11:50 PM
That's not how it works.
The 500MB will be added to your new recharge, but will expire the same time it was always going to expire.

You are Wrong!!! Quote from the fine print on the Vodafone website:

Credit expires after 30 days on the $9.95, $14.95, $29.95 and $49.95 recharges, 180 days on the $100 recharge and after 365 days on the $150 recharge.
If you recharge within the relevant expiry period, unused credit can rollover (for all recharges except the $49.95 Recharge, a maximum of 14GB can be accumulated)

The question still remains when does the clock run out to NOT miss out on the rollover of old data?

BoxDog
29th June 2010, 08:14 AM
Wow, Mister know-it-all just got pwned.

Edit: the way I understand it, unused credit should rollover at midnight on the day of expiry. I just had to do this yesterday: my expiry date was 28/6, I was still active and I added credit during the day.

Kirsty from Vodafone & 3
29th June 2010, 10:36 AM
Hi guys,

Just to confirm, recharging resets the expiry to the date of the new recharge - only the credit rolls over, not the remaining access period.

The credit should expire at 11.59 pm on the date of the credit expiry.

Thanks!
Kirsty.

skritter
29th June 2010, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the Answer Kisrty.

So if I just reload at any point on the quoted day of expiry, I will maximise my recharge while keeping ALL the rollover MB credits I have.

JUST for the sake of it, Kirsty. CAN you please point me to the page with the fine print on the Vodafone Website that explains this actual point?

Cheers

NeoRicen
29th June 2010, 08:38 PM
My bad, I should have checked the specific wording myself, I just assumed it worked the same way as everyone else has been doing it for years.