PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 and iPhone 5.

iZuloo
26th June 2010, 02:35 PM
Given the trouble iPhone 4 seems to be having with it's actual design, do you think iPhone 5 will be another new design?

gehenna
26th June 2010, 03:19 PM
Unlikely

twombles_62
26th June 2010, 03:58 PM
No, but they will make some changes to the antenna if they don't do it during iphone 4's production.

tonyberinson
26th June 2010, 04:20 PM
these sort of speculation threads are of no use... no one knows - only apple.

hendot
26th June 2010, 04:30 PM
these sort of speculation threads are of no use... no one knows - only apple.

And at this stage apple may not know themselves...

lord
26th June 2010, 04:50 PM
Given the trouble iPhone 4 seems to be having with it's actual design, do you think iPhone 5 will be another new design?

Of course it will, does this put your mind at rest?

iZuloo
26th June 2010, 06:41 PM
Geez sorry for asking. Was just curious. I'm not getting iPhone 4 either way.

Flufffy
26th June 2010, 06:57 PM

I lol'ed

marc
26th June 2010, 07:47 PM
It's quite likely the iPhone 4 isn't as flawed as some are making it out to be. The yellow screen spots are fixable without a new design (maybe just tighter quality control) and it's possible any antenna fixed required might be done in a future batch, if required.

Apple usually keep case designs for several generations. New case design for iPhone 5? Unlikely.

lord
27th June 2010, 10:51 AM
The yellow screen spots are fixable without a new design (maybe just tighter quality control) and it's possible any antenna fixed required might be done in a future batch, if required.

There was some snippet hanging around about the yellow just being undried glue, which will finish drying rather quickly. Its just the speed at which apple is shipping them out.

marc
27th June 2010, 01:04 PM
There was some snippet hanging around about the yellow just being undried glue, which will finish drying rather quickly. Its just the speed at which apple is shipping them out.

That's great news. I have seen reports on Twitter of people saying the yellow has disappeared.

nando
27th June 2010, 08:54 PM
maybe iphone 5 will be antenaless ( ie put inside ) lol :)
cmon ppl have some humour iphone 4 has a wrong design...
the biggest worry is not the drop of the calls...but what will a high power antenna do to ur brain...being outside can only be so damaging ...i though that was the reason modern phone kept their antenna on the inside and not out like they use to be

sleek881
30th June 2010, 12:39 AM
Apple may have an update to help the antennae problem.

Apple may have iOS 4 update to fix reception issue (http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20009015-233.html?tag=nl.e703)

The Goat
30th June 2010, 01:20 AM

You go ahead and ask whatever you like whether you're getting an iPhone yet or not; it's a forum for people that are interested in the product and also those that want to speculate until their Apple chip pops out. Speculate away, every one of you. :p

black painter
3rd July 2010, 09:37 PM
the nokia phones have the same issue. most phones with this design have a thin plastic layer between the surfaces that the hand touches and the antennas are. simple design change its the bumper that they are offering.

themessup
4th July 2010, 05:50 PM
I'd say the difference between iPhone 4 and 5 would be like the 3G and 3GS. Speed bump and a little nicety or two. Nothing big.

LithgowLights
5th July 2010, 04:44 AM
Apple may have an update to help the antennae problem.

That's just going to fix part of the problem, but not the underlying issue, and only some sort of insulation to stop skin to antenna connection.

I think the next iPhone 4 (mk II) will be an incremental upgrade, with more space, faster processor, minimise the antenna issue, camera upgrades, but thats about it - sort of similar to the 3G-3GS upgrade.

kerr
5th July 2010, 11:20 AM
Isn't it great that the US gets Apple devices before we do?

Balthazar
5th July 2010, 12:02 PM
Isn't it great that the US gets Apple devices before we do?

Um... no

kerr
5th July 2010, 03:32 PM
a month or two ain't so bad so we get advance notice of any issues.

marc
5th July 2010, 03:37 PM
The only issue I'm having right now is that I don't own an iPhone 4.

(If there is a hardware issue with the antenna, I'm not sure what Apple could do to fix it by the time we get our iPhones.)

mitty
5th July 2010, 03:38 PM
iphone 5 will have a cable. You carry it around with you and plug it into handily placed sockets when you need to make a call or connect to the internet. Here's a picture:

http://services.eng.uts.edu.au/~timaa/introtel/a4/index.2.jpg

Japester
5th July 2010, 03:43 PM
I still think the iPhone 4 antenna is a great design. They should have clear-coated it with some durable insulator. This would keep the appearance and eliminate the issue.

Balthazar
5th July 2010, 04:08 PM
I still think the iPhone 4 antenna is a great design. They should have clear-coated it with some durable insulator. This would keep the appearance and eliminate the issue.

You mean a plastic "sheath" of sorts... kinda like this?:

http://www.popandpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/condom.jpg

Japester
5th July 2010, 04:37 PM

Too "grippy". :)

I'd like to see a "glassy" sheer coat over the whole surface of the antennae. Like dipping the metal itself in glass. Then they put the front and back on. Wouldn't look any different.

imacattack
5th July 2010, 04:40 PM

Will it glow in the dark and be ribbed for my pleasure ? :D

hokka
5th July 2010, 06:49 PM
2 words: Golden Shellback

Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/m/#/1381538)

;)