PDA

View Full Version : Ibook's Mac Mini's And Powerbook?

varsis
18th September 2005, 12:08 AM
Hmm Well, today i decided to look at an interesting article comming from here:) (It is in the side menu.) But here is it inaways:http://www.applematters.com/index.php/section/comments/543/

Well wouldn't you just love that extra battery life? or maybe ever extra space? Combine two together and you have 64 gb's :0 wow and look how big it is? like wow the laptop could be small and still hold more then the bottom line Ibook, same with the mini and Powerbook so what do you think should it be done? or not? I think there might be some issues tho on it being slow but I don't know much about flash cards.

LCGuy
18th September 2005, 12:39 AM
I hope they don't solder the flash chips to the logic board...if they do, buh-bye upgradability...:(

varsis
18th September 2005, 01:05 AM
Hmm, yeah me too well lets hopenot, but knowing apple i don't think they will you should be able to put more in it would be a hardware issue if the HD failed when you first started it up so i think they will have it seperate:)

LCGuy
18th September 2005, 01:36 AM
Yeah, but flash chips don't have moving parts, so therefore they have a lower chance of failing than a conventional hard drive.

Kildare
18th September 2005, 08:17 AM
Firstly if you read the article(s) it is gigabits - not gigabtyes so it won't be replacing HDD anytime soon plus flash memory write cycles are much more limited than HDD's making them not suitable for use as a replacement.

The technology will no doubt mature in the future but I wouldn't be holding out for that flash based iBook. :P