PDA

View Full Version : iPad Vodafone Disappointment

Gpapa
23rd June 2010, 05:58 PM
Been a Vodafone customer since 95 for mobile service
but this is the first time i can say im really disapointed in their service

bought a micro sim from city store
went home last night and tried to activate, but would fail each time

had to wait till this morning for customer service to open, they also activated my service and told me it would be 15mins to 4 hours to activate

fair enough

waited 2 hours & tried, would not accept pin
tried a couple more times later on still no luck

called vodafone, and was told my account was locked and i need to wait 24 hours.

great.:mad:

thats all
just needed vent.

craigd
23rd June 2010, 08:48 PM
No wifi at home?

Is it really that much of a problem!

Starscream
23rd June 2010, 09:22 PM
I betcha it is Craig, there is nothing worse than having a new toy and can't use it..

craigd
23rd June 2010, 09:25 PM
Surely you have wifi though as mentioned

Starscream
23rd June 2010, 09:31 PM
Would it be so hard to believe if he didn't? Why are you assuming this..

Gpapa
23rd June 2010, 09:31 PM
Yes I do have wifi

But 3 days to activate and charge a sim is a bit much

Its Not a problem
Just annoying

Why can't Vodafone just reset the account and have to make me wait?

craigd
23rd June 2010, 09:33 PM
Would it be so hard to believe if he didn't? Why are you assuming this..

Most people do though.

Glad to see you did have wifi though, then it would have been very annoying.

OziMac
23rd June 2010, 10:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your trouble.

I've never been a Vodafone customer, but got one of their Micro SIMs for my iPad, and it was completely convenient to set up (had it running within minutes, the only delay being getting hold of a Visa card since they don't take Amex) and it has performed almost flawlessly.

As a current Telstra customer, it was enough to make me look twice and consider whether Vodafone is up to scratch yet for me to port some of my existing services over (non-essential of course).

BoxDog
24th June 2010, 10:26 AM
Have a vodafone microsim I got on iPad launch day and had no problems with activating and recharging. Weird.

msilsby
24th June 2010, 11:40 AM
Sorry to hear about your problems mate, but as a Vodafone prepaid customer who got his sim in-store at the chadstone apple store at 8:14 on the day of reckoning (ipad release) I have yet to have a problem.

I was just thinking the other day how we often bitch and moan (I am not saying it isn't justified!) if things don't work out exactly as we want. It is often easy to forget just how much technology is tied up with the activation of a simple pre-paid data sim in a device such as the ipad.

Kristy is a vodafone rep here in the forums, hunt her down and get her to look at your problem. Often the individual touch is enough to get a problem sorted.

And people, when dealing with a telco, don't be afraid to ask for a supervisor if you are not getting what you want. It is what they are there for! If not dealing with problems and fixing them, they are making life difficult for the reps trying to help you - don't be afraid to give them a serve either - they are the people who can fix your problem and make it go away.

That is all . . . .

Gpapa
26th June 2010, 12:05 AM
Yesterday it was all good
Card activated and working fine

I was just Annoyed that I had Wednesday of work and had planned to take the iPad out while I was getting things done

I still think it is strange that I locked the account even though it was yet to be activated. And that Vodafone could not reset the account.

Doesn't matter now now

Kirsty from Vodafone & 3
29th June 2010, 10:49 AM
Hi Gpapa,

Glad to hear you finally got it sorted, after the initial trouble! And sorry for taking so long to resond - it's been crazy busy here for the past week without Dave!!

Let me know if you need any help in the future!

Thanks!
Kirsty.

Gpapa
29th June 2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks Kirsty