PDA

View Full Version : Radeon 7000 Flash back to pc

moth
25th July 2004, 11:24 PM
I recently thought I'd have a crack at flashing a Radeon 7000 but was unsuccessful because of a 64k rom. Although it is possible to change the chip to 128k, i could not be bothered, and decided to flash it back to the original pc settings so it could be used. However upon attempting the flash I recieved a message saying "ATI Device Could Not Be Found." Bugger! "Device 0 cannot be found" Huh?

Does this mean I now have a $60 piece of plastic that does nothing? Is there any other way to go back to the pc rom or am I better off having a crack and stuffing up the card for good by trying to change the rom chip. I am not overly concerned about it but if I could get it working again it would be great.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

titan44
26th July 2004, 08:57 AM
How are you flashing it?, are you using os9 or via pc, I have been playing around with 8500's and have no probs using flashing back and forth via pc

Byrd
28th July 2004, 11:47 AM
Check the cubeowner forums for this, there is a thread (direct link fails me at present) whereby a hacked Mac 64K ROM can be flashed instread of the official 128K ATI one which of course in your case, doesn't work.

Otherwise, I've attached a copy of my original PC Radeon 7000 PCI ROM if you want to try that using ATIFLASH back in the PC.

moth
28th July 2004, 10:52 PM
Thanks bYrd, will check these options out

moth
28th July 2004, 11:17 PM
I found the smaller roms, but forgive me for being a little dumb, how do I apply it to the card? Help would be grand!