PDA

View Full Version : Do we still have a '3' Representative on the forum still ?

Echo63
22nd June 2010, 08:01 PM
Hi
Do we still have a "Three" Representative in the house ?
I have some Issues with my wife and my account that i would like to discuss with him

basically we upgraded from a Blackberry plan to Iphones around 3 months ago
every month they have charged us $30 to use the Blackberry internet Service even though we no longer have the blackberrys, and she has rung them every month to tell them that it should no longer be on the account, and they have taken the $30 of the next bill.

today they managed to cancel the blackberry service, but cut our mobile internet from the 4gb we were promised when we upgraded, to 1gb each per month.

Not very happy at the moment, and would like to talk to someone who can actually do something, rather than tell us they will call back and not call, or just put us on hold.

babypoppop
22nd June 2010, 08:44 PM
you should read http://forums.mactalk.com.au/55/83801-official-telco-representative-list-faq.html prior to posting. it's a sticky for the Mobile Telcos forum topic, and you can see it right at the top.

in any case, i hope MacTalk Forums - View Profile: Tim from 3 (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/members/tim%20from%203.html) will be of help to u.

good luck.

Tim from 3
23rd June 2010, 12:11 PM
Hi
Do we still have a "Three" Representative in the house ?
I have some Issues with my wife and my account that i would like to discuss with him

basically we upgraded from a Blackberry plan to Iphones around 3 months ago
every month they have charged us $30 to use the Blackberry internet Service even though we no longer have the blackberrys, and she has rung them every month to tell them that it should no longer be on the account, and they have taken the $30 of the next bill.

today they managed to cancel the blackberry service, but cut our mobile internet from the 4gb we were promised when we upgraded, to 1gb each per month.

Not very happy at the moment, and would like to talk to someone who can actually do something, rather than tell us they will call back and not call, or just put us on hold.

Hi Echo63,
I am definitely still in the house. It's a big house though, so I didn't see your post right away.
That sounds odd that you're still being charged.
Email me your account details to customercare@three.com.au (include your PIN) and then reply here with your tracking number.

I'll have a look and get back to you there.

Cheers

Tim

Echo63
23rd June 2010, 03:08 PM
Hi Echo63,
I am definitely still in the house. It's a big house though, so I didn't see your post right away.
That sounds odd that you're still being charged.
Email me your account details to customercare@three.com.au (include your PIN) and then reply here with your tracking number.

I'll have a look and get back to you there.

Cheers

Tim

Tim, Tracking number is A00001833218-00006087262

Tim from 3
23rd June 2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks!

Got it, I'll reply shortly.

Echo63
5th July 2010, 01:28 PM
thought i would fill everyone in on what happened here

Emailed Tim at three,
told him what had happened.
the response i got was "we have cancelled the blackberry plan"

when i queried the 4gb of data being cut to 1 the response was essentially "thats whats happening, live with it"

Not happy with three, even their aussie support staff are useless.

looking into TIO now

Devil rolla
5th July 2010, 02:33 PM
was that 4gb tied to you having a blackberry / blackberry plan ?

babypoppop
5th July 2010, 03:53 PM
was that 4gb tied to you having a blackberry / blackberry plan ?

I would think that the 4GB was tied to your blackberry plan, because I was the same boat as you.

I had a cheaper BB plan, so I had only 2GB. When I swtiched to the iPhone 3GS, the BB plan is removed, and so is the 2GB. Now, I have 1GB of allowance, which comes with my iPhone plan. This was made clear to me when I decided to switch, so I wasn't misled in any way,

In your case, I believe that the representative who told you that you could keep the 4GB gave you incorrect information. Unless you know who the personnel is or have published evidence on 3's website/brochure/etc. that you could keep the 4GB, you will have a very hard time fighting because nothing was written down in black and white.

However, you shouldn't give up because the personnel did misled you. All the best!

Exocet
5th July 2010, 04:16 PM
From the way I read your post, there was no misleading of what was told. You had a blackberry data package (3GB) and the iPhone data (1GB). So, you were in fact getting 4GB of data. If you cancel your blackberry package, you lose 3GB.

Problem is where?

Echo63
5th July 2010, 06:42 PM
From the way I read your post, there was no misleading of what was told. You had a blackberry data package (3GB) and the iPhone data (1GB). So, you were in fact getting 4GB of data. If you cancel your blackberry package, you lose 3GB.

Problem is where?

when i upgraded to the iphone (as in finished the blackberry plan, and started the plan with the iphone) i was told we would be getting 4gb of data a month,
which is the problem, i am not getting what i was told i would.

imacattack
5th July 2010, 06:53 PM
Yep that's 3mobile for you my case with the TIO is now at level 3 with 3mobile.

Exocet
5th July 2010, 10:13 PM
when i upgraded to the iphone (as in finished the blackberry plan, and started the plan with the iphone) i was told we would be getting 4gb of data a month,
which is the problem, i am not getting what i was told i would.

But, you were getting 4GB of data per month. The only time it stopped is when you cancelled the blackberry plan and the 3GB of data which comes with it.

babypoppop
5th July 2010, 10:24 PM
But, you were getting 4GB of data per month. The only time it stopped is when you cancelled the blackberry plan and the 3GB of data which comes with it.

that's a good point, which I think is most likely the case.

you said that when you upgraded they "promised" you 4GB of data. like Exocet said, this is because you still pay for BIS.

the final question is did they promise you 4GB of data WITHOUT the BIS fee? I doubt they did. so, I agree with Exocet on this one.

if the representative "promised" you 4GB of data WITHOUT having BIS; then, you should complaint. otherwise, it's just a misunderstanding.

Tim from 3
6th July 2010, 09:36 AM
It's true that the Blackberry plan comes with 3GB of data.
And the iphone cap comes with 1gb.

The first bill cycle after an upgrade is processed, it will appear as if 4gb of data is available, but if the Blackberry component is cancelled, so is the 3gb of data it comes with.

There's every possibility someone could have been told the wrong thing, and the resolution is to tell people the right thing.

I'm sorry that your experience hasn't been positive regarding your upgrade.

Cheers

Tim

BuuBox
6th July 2010, 12:11 PM
Not happy with three, even their aussie support staff are useless.

looking into TIO now

There is a difference between "useless" and merely not getting your own way.

Do you have a copy of the contract you presumably signed?

tangent23
10th July 2010, 05:49 PM
is there a cooling off period with 3?

my mum's contract was up and was wanting me to go with her to choose a new phone, but being busy [our second child born this week!] she went in with my brother who got her the phone i was going to suggest for her [nokia 7230] but got it on the 24 month plan instead of the 12 month plan on the $29 cap. exactly the same phone $0 repayments on both.

is there a process we can go through to change to the shorter plan?

BuuBox
11th July 2010, 01:19 PM
There is no cooling off period for telecommunications contracts the customer has initiated.