PDA

View Full Version : Australian-bought iPad - International Warranty

DeKa
21st June 2010, 02:12 PM
Does anyone know if an iPad bought in Australia has international warranty?

The iPad Warranty at this site Apple - Legal (http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/)
infers it does, but the warranty PDF is for North America ("NA") so I wanted to check if anyone has seen it documented anywhere.

Comet
21st June 2010, 02:30 PM
My iPad was purchased in the US and was replaced here in Australia under warranty.

Kievmeister
21st June 2010, 06:04 PM
I've always known Apple products to be backed by International Warranty. I don't think that has changed.

micknews
22nd June 2010, 10:22 PM
I have a 3G iPhone which was bought here in September 2008. Had a trip to the USA in January/February. Just before I came home the phone locked up and I couldn't restore it. I was in San Francisco at the time so found the nearest Apple Store, made a booking at the Genius Bar for the next day, took it there and the Genius could not have been more helpful even though it was out of warranty by 16 months. He spent around 20 minutes getting it going again at no charge what so ever. All he wanted to know was had i registered it with Apple, which I had here. Luckily I had my MacBook Pro with me with the backup on it so I got everything back that day.
Try doing that with another brand phone, Computer or whatever!
You gets what you pay for!!

Huy
22nd June 2010, 10:55 PM
International warranty applies.

everunman
23rd June 2010, 06:39 AM
You may want to check/ask before you buy any apple product overseas, I was going to get the iphone in singapore but apple would only cover local warranty there

Comet
23rd June 2010, 06:52 AM
You may want to check/ask before you buy any apple product overseas, I was going to get the iphone in singapore but apple would only cover local warranty there

I think iPhones were a special case.