PDA

View Full Version : Photo Attachments too Small

tcimac
18th June 2010, 07:26 PM
I have only noticed this recently but whenever I send photos to someone using mail, they get resized automatically to about 30-40KB

For example, I sent a 3.5MB photo to a friend and they received a 22kb version!?!?!

In the attachments settings it still does the same thing regard;ess of wether I have the "send windows friendly attachments" option ticked.

Why is this and how can I stop it from happening??

gehenna
18th June 2010, 07:27 PM
There is a little option in the bottom right corner of the composition window....says whether you can send them full size, medium size, or small. It's probably set to small :)

tcimac
18th June 2010, 07:35 PM
There is a little option in the bottom right corner of the composition window....says whether you can send them full size, medium size, or small. It's probably set to small :)

What a champion. Thanks gehenna

Note to self: Stop letting your 1 year old son play with keyboard while applications are active!!

cambo3112
18th June 2010, 10:01 PM
Just a little off-topic but I find whenever I try to send a jpg in mail.app to a windows user, it embeds the pic in the email rather than keeps it as an attachment. Some windows users can just right-click and save it but others can't ... or their only option is saving it as a bmp. I have got the send windows friendly attachments checked but it doesn't have any effect.
My work-around is to zip the jpg and attach (although that can have its own problems with anti-virus) or send via gmail. Is there a way I can send a jpg as an attachment in mail?