PDA

View Full Version : anti-glare film for glossy display?

p53
17th June 2010, 01:01 PM
I bought a MacBook Pro with a glossy display recently and am regretting not getting the anti-glare option. It's weird because my previous laptop (black MacBook) had a glossy screen but it never bothered me. Anyway I'm thinking about getting an anti-glare film for the display and just wondering if anyone has/is using one and whether it works well?
Thanks!

skullnbones
20th June 2010, 11:09 AM
Yes indeed. I used to get quite sore eyes from the original screen on my Macbook aluminium unibody (now re-badged MBP).

I originally put on one of those cut-priced anti-glare protectors from Hong Kong but I took it off for two reasons: it only covered the pixelated part of the screen and not the black frame and the distortion of the screen was too intense.

I had been using a Power Support anti-glare screen on my iPhone for some months, so I lashed out and bought the $60 Power support 13 inch for MB/MBP unibody an I haven't looked back. It's excellent and has a cut out hole for the iSight camera. I still think it's expensive though. I bought it from the Apple Store, but you might be able to get one from tryandbite.com.au.

I have also bought one in preparation for the arrival of my iPad.

dche5390
20th June 2010, 12:22 PM
(a) Installing the damn adhesive film really tests your patience.
(b) I ripped mine off immediately becase of (a) and more because it made the viewing of the screen very grainy.

Yes it cuts down on reflections but at the cost of ... visibility in general?

jok3r
20th June 2010, 07:17 PM
I opted for Glossy Hi-Res for my MBP.

Ive noticed its "really" glossy when the screen is off, but once its on, most of the glare is gone if not all.
90% of the time my MBP will be indoors, so it wont affect me 2 much.

p53
21st June 2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks. I'll try the Power Support anti glare film and see how it goes.