PDA

View Full Version : Bang & Olufsen Announce New Mobile Phone.

zac
15th September 2005, 07:56 PM
B&O Press Release (http://www.bang-olufsen.com/web2/press/)

Fantastic! If Apple won't build me a phone, then I'll have to settle for my second favorite company: B&O.

Sounds like they got something really special up their sleves:

The intention is to create a truly unique product, which breaks with conventional assumptions and expectations to offer users a new mobile experience.

It will probably be mighty expensive, but mighty great, and B&O have by far the best industrial designers in the world in terms of aesthetics in my humble opinion. Stepping into a B&O shop for me is like a Budhist monk stepping into his temple.

The best thing is that its focused on communications - I bought a fancy motorola about a year ago with a camera, games and all that jazz - so underwhelming and really quite useless, but it was hard to find a good looking phone that didnt come without the superfluous stuff.

But the time has finally come! I cannot wait to see this phone.

dingl
21st September 2005, 06:35 PM
wow this should be good, all b&o stuff is top quality products (love my A8)... wonder what the phone looks like :blink:

DJY
21st September 2005, 10:42 PM
Now this one could be very interesting!!!!

Shame they joined up witih Samsung though..,
I'm sure though it is B&O it will HAVE to look good...

Mmmm didn't we think that might have occured when Apple and Motorola joined?
Sure I know it was a Moto phone... and they just wanted iTunes.

let's hope that B&O design the look, and maybe they just use Samsung for software / technology.

Mmm can you imagine a B&O GUI? cool!

xfodder
21st September 2005, 11:30 PM
thank you god ! i just posted about me wanting apple to make a phone with PDA fuctions, i think most mobile are fugly pieces of plastic that dont even work that well.

with samsung and B&O i think we might get a BLOODY RIPPER of a phone.

DJY
26th September 2005, 09:16 PM
Any guesses of development and the release timeline?
Of will London possibly host their Olympics, and Apple finally release Aust iTMS and iPhoto book printing before we see a B&O / Samsung phone?