PDA

View Full Version : Deleted iPhoto with Appzapper help

PCKid
12th June 2010, 10:57 AM
Thought I could then re download it from Apple but doesn't seem I can. How can I get it back. I do have a backup of iPhoto Library file on an external drive.

mitty
12th June 2010, 11:08 AM
It should be on you OSX restore DVD's. Not sure how you go about getting it back on it's own, someone else may be able to advise.

Diluded
13th June 2010, 09:57 AM
put in the 2nd disc of the set, thats the entire ilife suite, just software installer...choose custom untick what you do want to reinstall and then when iPhoto is on just copy the iphoto library into your original location, you may have to run software update before you can open the photos though...

PCKid
13th June 2010, 10:21 AM
put in the 2nd disc of the set, thats the entire ilife suite, just software installer...choose custom untick what you do want to reinstall and then when iPhoto is on just copy the iphoto library into your original location, you may have to run software update before you can open the photos though...

Yes did that thanks. Problem still there. Doesn't matter which backed up library file I use the missing photos persist. I also bought Aperture which has the imported iPhoto library and that works perfectly.

What I did was create a folder on an external drive, Command A to select all photos in Aperture then copied the photos en masse to the folder on the external drive. Then I deleted all photos in iPhoto and copied all the photos from the folder into it. Trouble is now I have only one event with all my photos in it.

I really have no idea where the problem is. Been Googling like mad but getting nowhere. Heaps of suggestions. Mainly option plus command then launch iPhoto. Have tried the rebuilding from known to be good time machine and external drive backups of the iPhoto.library file with no success.

Looks like iPhoto goes away and will have to use Aperture which I find less "User friendly" than iPhoto.