PDA

View Full Version : Ipad clock running slow

inked
10th June 2010, 02:28 PM
Anyone else noticed their iPad clock running slow? I've noticed it for the first time today when it was about an hour slow. I then set it to the correct time and now its already half an hour slow again. Its almost like the clock goes to sleep when I lock the iPad. Its also off wifi at the moment so it does not have access to any network server to set the time.

Strange

inked
10th June 2010, 03:01 PM
Answering my own post
It seems this is a common fault that is being reported in other forums, my apologies for the duplication.
As yet apple does not seem to have acknowledged the fault but they are aware of it apparently.

ford.boy
10th June 2010, 03:07 PM
That's an odd bug. I wonder what could cause that, it's not exactly an analogue system :P

(btw, comic sans? Really?)

faberman@mac.com
10th June 2010, 03:52 PM
You just need to wind your iPad more often

dotnet
10th June 2010, 04:15 PM
That's why the iPad costs US$499 and the Lange 31 (http://www.alange-soehne.com/cms/en/timepieces/lange-31/lange-31/watch.html) costs US$20,000+ ;)

Cheers
Steffen.

adamd
10th June 2010, 04:31 PM
You'll need to replace the battery. It's going flat ;)

dotnet
10th June 2010, 06:10 PM
Seriously though, has the iPad been subjected to very high speeds (say, approaching speed of light)? This can really slow down its clock. Just asking, it has been known to happen…

;)

Cheers
Steffen.

chrisede
10th June 2010, 06:51 PM
I fixed this by setting the time zone to where I'm at, rather than updating automatically.

Fixed it perfectly. Not sure if it's messed up because I've got a 3G unit with no SIM card... but it worked.