PDA

View Full Version : Apple Wireless Mouse

Moose
14th September 2005, 04:55 PM
I have recently changed the batteries in my Apple BT mouse, as they were getting low. After doing so, (according to Apple instructions) the mouse would not respond. I re-configured it with Bluetooth Assistant, it paired the mouse and the button worked but it would not move the cursor at all. I deleted the mouse and re-configured again, no luck. I put a brand new set of batteries, no luck.
I have consulted the Apple support site but have not been able to get the cursor to move. :blink:

I have had to resort to using a Microsoft wired mouse!!!!!! ARRRRRGH :angry:

Please help.

Moose

MidnightMan
14th September 2005, 05:05 PM
I had exactly the same problem, exactly as you described except that I did not change the batteries before it first happened (still had two bars left). I did the same things that you tried to fix it but without success. I ended up taking it back to Next Byte to be fixed. It was only a couple of months old. I have not heard back from them yet about it and I must chase them up.

I know this does not help you at all, but at least you know there is someone else who had the same problem showing that it is more than likely a fault with the mouse rather than anything you or I did to it.

I have also had to resort to using my back-up wired Microsoft mouse.

Moose
18th October 2005, 09:04 AM
I don't recall how I got the mouse working last time. But now I have changed the batteries again and the same problem has surfaced. I have tried every trick I know, even repaired permissions but no luck. Does anyone have a solution? :blink:

stumpypeter
18th October 2005, 09:25 AM
Don'ty know the answer but am worried as my BT battery is flasing in the menu bar :(

Moose
18th October 2005, 12:09 PM
Well it has fixed itself again. I don't know what I am doing wrong. To fix it I unplugged everything including the power cable, left it for an hour as I went for a walk to calm down. Came home turned it on and it was working again by itself. I think somthing similar happened last time. Next time I change the batteries I am going to shut down first and see if that makes a difference. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Goodbye
18th October 2005, 12:26 PM
Whenever I turned on my Apple wireless mouse I had to click it a few times to make it pair with the computer again...

kmcgreg
18th October 2005, 12:47 PM
I have the same problem when I change the batteries. No idea how to fix it. Might go back to wired - less hassle.

Moose
18th October 2005, 02:27 PM
Hmmm...... seems to be a common problem. Perhaps this is why we have not seen a BT Mighty Mouse. ;)

mac_man_luke
18th October 2005, 02:59 PM
Bluetooth sucks for mice IMHO! Logitech wireless mice that just use normal radio work great no hassles

The Architect.mac
18th October 2005, 04:03 PM
Run the Wireless mouse firmware updater over the mouse.

I have never had this problem and i can change batteries on the fly with both keyboard and mouse and 2 clicks its back up. Can go dead on me and still no worries after a change.

Cheers

stumpypeter
24th October 2005, 07:49 PM
Have now changed batteries and had problems for a short time. Tried using some rechargeables, mouse paired but would not function - only got 4 bars of power on the mouse info panel. Put some new energisers in and everything worked fine.