PDA

View Full Version : 'a' key not working

rattietayls
9th June 2010, 12:48 PM
My 'a' key stopped working this morning on my MacBook. There was a spill before (around Valentine's day) and the whole computer stopped working, but my tech friend looked at it and we replaced the keyboard. Ever since then it has been working perfectly, so I don't understand what could be wrong. There was absolutely no spill this time. I popped the key off, but there was only one hair of which I removed. It still isn't working, and copying and pasting an 'a' all the time is quite tedious D: So please, HEEEELP! What could be wrong?

gehenna
9th June 2010, 12:51 PM
The spill around valentines day may have finally corroded the connection between the key and the sensor. Your best bet is to take it in for servicing or use an external keyboard.

Vzzzbx
9th June 2010, 12:55 PM
Wht kind of spill could hppen on Vlentine's Dy? Don't nswer tht. ;)

Chiclet keybords re not exctly the most user-serviceble hdrwre. Sounds like you just need nother keybord.

Edit: Wht gehenn sid.

Balthazar
9th June 2010, 12:57 PM
My 'a' key stopped working this morning on my MacBook. There was a spill before (around Valentine's day) and the whole computer stopped working, but my tech friend looked at it and we replaced the keyboard. Ever since then it has been working perfectly, so I don't understand what could be wrong. There was absolutely no spill this time. I popped the key off, but there was only one hair of which I removed. It still isn't working, and copying and pasting an 'a' all the time is quite tedious D: So please, HEEEELP! What could be wrong?

You could try remapping 'a' to a different key in the mean time... something like the ` tilda key that never gets used... better than nothing!

rattietayls
9th June 2010, 12:59 PM
Ooh. Sounds good to me. How would I go about doing that? (re-mapping)

auspad
11th June 2010, 01:49 AM
if you can it try to make shift-capslock the "a" key then you don't really lose you position.