PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPad costs

EZYHD
9th June 2010, 09:22 AM
interesting reading, no wonder Apple is doing so well, they recon its a $208 profit on an iPad!

LINK: (http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9150045/Apple_makes_208_on_each_499_iPad)

xtreme2k
9th June 2010, 09:37 AM
Great - next time we should just go to computerworld and purchase their $290.50 ipad 16G wifi.

Such rubbish article. Since when is making a product just adding up the cost of all the materials. If only it is so simple. I guess R&D is free, the software is free, shipping is free, everything else is free.

I cannot believe people still waste time writing these rubbish BOM articles and say how much apple is making. Pure rubbish and waste of time.

Everytime there is a new toy from any company (mostly from apple) people write these rubbish essays and say how much it cost apple to make. Really? do these writers even have a clue. No doubt there would be more of these rubbish essays coming.

denwol
9th June 2010, 09:39 AM
Doesnt take into account R&D, legal, advertising, etc. but still, quite a markup. If they sell 4 million ipads, thats $1 Billion.

iZuloo
9th June 2010, 09:51 AM
If apple keep making such quality, amazing products, they deserve every cent of profit they get.

Cassy
9th June 2010, 09:51 AM
oh wow.. a company making a profit... what is the world coming to >.<

EZYHD
9th June 2010, 09:56 AM
If apple keep making such quality, amazing products, they deserve every cent of profit they get.

I agree I hope they keep making as much bread as possible to keep us gadget lovers in love with new Apple products.

vernflan
9th June 2010, 11:10 AM
They made profit on the second Ipad they sold, the first one probabley cost them a couple of hundered million in development

jok3r
9th June 2010, 12:12 PM
$208 is not the gross profit..
Like the myth of cars only costing a few hundred dollars to make.

Vzzzbx
9th June 2010, 12:48 PM
My parents would be the first to whinge about the price discrepancy, yet if I weren't paid as well as I am to work in IT they'd be the first to whinge about that. People are hypocrites and news web sites are click whores.

ttvtrung
9th June 2010, 05:06 PM
Just tell those article writers that it just costs them some cents of electricity to write those articles and get paid like some tens of dollars for an article.

So dumb!

Stez
9th June 2010, 06:12 PM
Above posts have already shown why that article is total rubbish, but I'll just add that how does it really even matter how much they make? If you're fine with the price then really who cares?