PDA

View Full Version : Credit card question

Nightwish
8th June 2010, 12:21 AM
Hi guys,

You may or may not be able to help me here.. but hell I'll try anyway.

I'm looking at buying a MBP, but would like to pay it off over a month period. My ANZ credit card limit is unfortunately $1000, and I'd rather not increase it because I do have a bit of a bad habit with spending money I don't have, lol.

Would it be possible to "increase my limit" by transferring some of my OWN funds (say $300) into the credit card account via internet banking? Would I still be charged overdraw/limit fees? Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance, cheers! Looking forward to WWDC. :)
Jamie

jesse
8th June 2010, 01:04 AM
If your limit is $1000, then you can go to a minimum -$1000. If you're currently at $0 (owe nothing) and deposit 500, you have $1500 to spend.

Nightwish
8th June 2010, 02:20 AM
Thanks mate, you're a legend. :)

wullieb1
8th June 2010, 10:32 AM
Check with your provider though as some cards don't allow you to have a positive balance on the card.

thats awesome
9th June 2010, 04:12 AM
Check with your provider though as some cards don't allow you to have a positive balance on the card.

Commbank do... I had to learn this the hard way due to one of their employees putting money into the credit card account rather than the savings/everyday account.

Very annoying trying to put the money back into the savings account as they consider it a 'cash advance' even when it's your own money.

So check with the provider because you won't want that to happen.