PDA

View Full Version : Help - Can't Install Canon I455

1985user
13th September 2005, 05:02 PM
Help - I have a powerbook running 10.3.9 and need to link into a windows network to access a canon i455 printer. The printer is off the usb of the main computer in the windows network. I can see the printer when I use the Printer set up utility, but I can't classify it as a canon i455 as when I look for it under the printer model, it isn't there.

I have downloaded the driver from Canon's site (version 235) and run the installer. When I get the message to align the printer head, I open the BJ utility but can't see the printer.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

freeham82
20th September 2005, 11:34 PM
I am having a similar problem getting a canon i550 printer recognised. I have installed the drivers, and if I connect the printer directly to my ibook (running 10.4.2) it finds it and prints just fine. However when it's plugged into the windows machine and I try to connect through the network, I get the same problem described above.

If anyone has some advice that'd be very handy, thanks.

hMc
21st September 2005, 12:04 AM
I am not in front of a mac atm so I can't really give you a step by step..

I would forget the driver that was supplied unless you are using it as a local printer

Have you tried setting it up as a network printer with a different driver - for example: using the BJC-7100 or gimp. Worked great on linux with newer canon printers.

Hope it helps

1985user
26th September 2005, 02:23 PM
hMc, Thanks for the comments. Tried it but still can't get it through the network.

I'll keep trying.