PDA

View Full Version : Been to Apple Store Doncaster Recently?

tonyberinson
3rd June 2010, 04:01 PM
Man dies after outbreak of legionnaire's disease in Doncaster (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/man-dies-after-outbreak-of-legionnaires-disease-in-doncaster/story-e6frf7jo-1225875048852)

UPDATE 3.15pm: ANYONE who feels ill after visiting Doncaster recently has been urged to contact a doctor after a man died in a legionnaire's disease outbreak.

A 66-year-old man died in Box Hill hospital on May 11, just one day after the Department of Health confirmed he had contracted the flu-like disease.

Two other men are seriously ill as a result of the outbreak.

Anyone who is suffering from flu-like symptoms after visiting Doncaster – including Doncaster shopping town – before May 25 has been urged to consult their doctor for a legionnaire's test.

Although the dead man did not work in the area, he is believed to have shopped in Doncaster shortly before becoming ill.

The outbreak spread when a 33-year-old man was admitted to Box Hill hospital on May 24, followed by a 40-year-old man admitted to the Austin hospital on May 25.

Victoria’s chief health officer Dr John Carnie, said Department of Health investigators had tested cooling towers in Doncaster and found two positives for legionnaire's contamination.

The towers, at 666 Doncaster Rd and 2 Frederick St, have been disinfected and Dr Carnie said they pose no more danger.

However, he was written to all cooling tower operators in Victoria asking them to take measures to avoid contamination.

snark
3rd June 2010, 06:03 PM
The Age is reporting that tests on the towers at Shoppingtown have come back negative. Still, if you've been in the area recently, and have developed any flu-like symptoms, go see your doctor. Legionnaires disease is not something to ignore.

forno
4th June 2010, 09:43 PM
Nothing about the school straight across the road though:slant:

funky79
4th June 2010, 10:29 PM
yep I was there on monday for a look

however if I was crook I would of put it down to the camping I did out Wodonga way over the weekend as I had a small swimming pool at my feet on the swag.

dam it rained all friday night & Saturday

amstrad_mac
6th June 2010, 09:29 AM
ffs.. i was there getting my iPhone 3Gs replaced..

No flu-like symptoms ... yet....

PrincessHayley_xo
7th June 2010, 11:51 AM
I live in Doncaster, and everyone is really paranoid about getting it. No one is showing any symptoms though, and there haven't been any positive test results of anyone I know, and my school isn't worried or anything.