PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Palm With Wifi Via Airport Express

harps
13th September 2005, 08:27 AM
I've just upgraded my palm to the T5 model with a WiFi card.
I can get the WiFi card to detect & connect to my wireless network, however it won't connect to the internet/e-mail advising timeout error.
Via palm 1src.com forum I've been told this is due to me not having our broadband connection through the Airport Express, but rather direct to the Mac.
Has anyone else been successful in connecting their wifi enabled palm to Mac wireless network?
And if yes could they pass on any tips the've got.

sikosis
13th September 2005, 11:45 AM
Well ... I've got Palm Lifedrive ... so that's pretty much the same as T5 with wifi card.

I connected up to my Airport Express in seconds and it's just plugged into my switch and my net connection is handled by a BSD firewall (so nothing to do with the Mac).

Are you using WPA ?

harps
13th September 2005, 12:11 PM
When I plugged it in it found the network straight away and connected, but wont do anything after that.
Are you running your net connection through the Airport Express?
I'm not and apparently this is the reason it doesn't get connect fully.
I apologise for my ignorance, but what do you mean by WPA?

sikosis
13th September 2005, 01:12 PM
Just trying to gauge what security method you set on your Airport Express.

I personally use WPA and the Lifedrive's wifi app handles it as well.

My setup is ...

The Internet <-> BSD Firewall <-> Switch <-> Airport Express / PC / iMac

So the Airport Express get it&#39;s own local IP (DHCP) from my BSD Firewall as do the Airport Express, the PC and the iMac.

The Airport Express also setups up it&#39;s own internal IP network that&#39;s 10.0.0.x based. The Airport uses DHCP to give out its own range to wifi clients.

I&#39;ll try and post a pic of my Airport settings tonight when I get home, as I&#39;m guess this might be where the issue lies.

sikosis
15th September 2005, 07:48 PM
Sorry it&#39;s 10.0.1.x the network it uses ... This is from the Airport Admin Utility

sikosis
15th September 2005, 07:50 PM
Here&#39;s the Internet section ... "codelab" is the name of my domain, you can put whatever you want and 192.168.0.10 is the IP of my Firewall/Router/Gateway.