PDA

View Full Version : iPhoto missing photos

PCKid
1st June 2010, 04:34 PM
All of a sudden random photos are missing from iPhoto. If I mouse over the blank events sometimes they appear but then disappear again. I tried the Rebuilding thumbnail cache. It took over an hour and a few came back but a lot didn't. Some help here would really be appreciated.

I do have my whole Pictures Folder backed up onto an external drive. All I did was drag a copy of the Pictures folder to the external drive so that has the iPhoto Library file in it which is 18GB so I know I have all the photos there at least.

My current iPhoto Library is about only another 200MB. Do I need to restore somehow from that external drive file? I'm worried doing that would lose my newest photos since it's awhile since I backed that file up.

Also curious as to what could have caused that in the first place.

idiesel
1st June 2010, 07:03 PM
Did you 'copy' the photos to the external drive or did you 'move' them?

PCKid
1st June 2010, 07:08 PM
Did you 'copy' the photos to the external drive or did you 'move' them?

Copied. The original file was still there. Since then I have manually replaced them from the aperture app that also had the iphoto library in it. Took about 2 hours but I have them all now.

All I do is go into the finder Pictures folder and make a copy of iPhoto Library to the external drive. Is there a better way of doing this for the future should I lose some again?