PDA

View Full Version : Bigpond automatic startup

davidjrussell10
1st June 2010, 10:24 AM
I have a new Macbook pro17" i7 and have intermittent problems with bigpond wireless
1. on computer refusing to shut down while wireless modem is plugged in and I have to "hard crash",
2. on startup sometimes the bigpond connection manager says "no device detected" despite the stick being alight, and a new bigpond icon appears on the screen saying that I can install the software despite it already being installed. When I trash that icon the existing connection manager works with manual startup but not as in settings, automatic startup. Help please.

MissionMan
17th July 2010, 04:54 PM
Trash the bigpond software. You don't need it - I had the same hassles. If you configure your devices under System Prefs - Network you can add the username and password there and get away with it working without the software. It connects every time that way.

zisper
18th July 2010, 04:47 PM
Seconded, ditch the Telstra supplied connection manager. I know they're trying to make things easier for the end user, but for what's ostensibly a technology company, Telstra have absolutely terrible technology on things like their website and the custom software they ship with modems.