PDA

View Full Version : Mi7 MacBook Pro connected to large LCD!!!

Melishunt
30th May 2010, 07:54 PM
Hi,

I just connected my i7 MBP to ny 26" Samsung, and I've gotta say it looks imazing. My thought of buying a mac screen are completely gone now.
I Calibrated the screen and now it looks perfect (I'm using it as my sole screen with the MBP closed, and a blue tooth keyboard and magic mouse).

I just downloaded Half Life 2, and the graphics are as good as if not better then on PS3. Runs so smoothly and was about $8 of something. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on some speakers I should get? I am about to have a look on the Aus Apple online store now, but I'l probably look at JB Hi Fi aswell. What are the best speakers to hook up to my laptop?

cheers

Melishunt
30th May 2010, 08:25 PM
Actually, no need to answer the question about the speakers. I liked the look of the BOSE Companion 6's so I ordered them. Done and one.

insular
30th May 2010, 10:02 PM
it doesnt look any different to what any macbook pro would. the wow factor is coming from you calibrating your colours(?) and the quality of your screen.

i think BOSE by reputation, whilst good speakers are apparently overpriced. i cant give any recommendations as i've never looked at getting new ones but i did fancy harmon karandon soundsticks at one point. they look nice and apparently give good sound. but i'm sure there are better options.

HL2 would definitely look better than PS3 in bootcamp with texture flltering on max and some AA.

your i7 excels more in games that use both cores, and for stuff like video encoding (eg. i can encode at around 70-80fps but my old mbp does it at 40-50fps)

insular
30th May 2010, 10:08 PM
lol i just noticed your signature, i have the same line-up, allow me to copy and paste into my sig :D

iCantwait
30th May 2010, 11:00 PM
Using it closed?
Either use both screens or buy a desktop

Melishunt
30th May 2010, 11:34 PM
Using it closed?
Either use both screens or buy a desktop

Why, when I can have a great desktop at home, and then when I'm on the move i unplug and it's a laptop. I wanted a laptop for the portability, but a mouse, decesent keyboard and bigger screen is bettrer for me to use plus i can plug descent speakers into it when it's set up like this. I'm not going to buy ANOther computer.

dche5390
31st May 2010, 06:24 AM
Pointless thread ..

kyl3
31st May 2010, 07:22 AM
Better Off Spending Elsewhere...