PDA

View Full Version : My Itunes Is Stuffed Can Someone Help!

applecollector
11th September 2005, 08:38 PM
Hello,

For some werid reason i can't drag and drop mp3's,
As in i would like to get 115 mp3's from my itunes library on to my External HD,
Now when i have selected them all i go to drag the files and nothing happens, if i drag one mp3 over that sometimes works but then if i try to drag another it doesn't!
I would like to put those mp3's on my new ibook but i can't because of this irritating problem!
Now i have also tried to drag these mp3's on to my proper hdd but that didn't work either, i have tried to drag them across my network that didn't work either.
So could someone please help me fix this problem!
Thanks greatly in advance.
Bye

emacmark
11th September 2005, 08:49 PM
HI Applecollector,
I have itunes 5 and just dragged 150 songs from my ibook itunes to my emac hdd over airport.
What version itunes ru running?
Mark

applecollector
11th September 2005, 08:51 PM
4.9 & 5.0 but when i have music sharing on i can't copy the files over! for example i'm on the ibook i'm connect to my emac's music folder and i can't drag the files in to my library on the ibook

emacmark
11th September 2005, 08:58 PM
If you open itunes on ur ibook and go

File>Add to library then select all the songs from ur emacs library, will that work?

Thats just what I did for 1.2gb of songs my wife recorded from LP's

Mark

applecollector
11th September 2005, 09:26 PM
Hey what do u know my emac decided to copy the files after all!

timwallG5
24th September 2005, 08:35 PM
I had that problem once as well. It may be because you have duplicates in your iTunes library. This means that the Finder can't copy the files from your Library onto the HD because two files would both be trying to exist with identical names.

You should rename the MP3s, or copy them INDIVIDUALLY (oh the pain, the pain!) over to your external HD.

Squozen
24th September 2005, 08:41 PM
iTunes doesn't mind having duplicate names in your library. It just adds a number to the end of the filename (before the extension) to differentiate between the two. That's how it deals with converting songs from one format to another (say MP3 to AAC).