PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading To Ilife 5

cheryltopsy
11th September 2005, 05:08 PM
Hello again,
I am after some help re upgrading iLife. I have iphoto 2, and imovie & idvd 3 on my emac. Can I upgrade iLife 5 over these. I assume I should back up my photos first.
Thanks,
Cheryltopsy.

OziMac
11th September 2005, 05:15 PM
Bit confused about what you're actually asking Cheryl...

All you need is a system that meets the specifications on this page (http://www.apple.com/ilife/) to upgrade to iLife 05 (as well as the iLife 05 disk of course) - whilst backing up your photos is certainly good practice, I don't think it's necessary strictly speaking - the new iPhoto might need to update thumnails and the library structure, but your photos themselves should be fine. :)

spike@au
11th September 2005, 05:25 PM
Hi Cheryltopsy, just upgraded myself from iLife4 to iLife5 and had no problems. However I did backup my userspace first, us sysadmins are a supersicious lot!!. It did perform some form of translation on my iPhoto images to make them compatible with iLife05 but that all went swimmingly. Been on iLife5 for over a week now and detected no issues with the upgrade. Just do a backup anyway......always have a plan B!!. BTW I'm running 10.3.9 on an 12" iBook.

cheryltopsy
11th September 2005, 06:05 PM
Hi again,
thanks for quick replies. I shall backup pics & install iLife 5. I wasn't sure if you could backup a much earlier iLife straight to iLife 5.
I must say the mac community are very helpful & patient to an old user like myself. (as in age)
Kind regards again,
cheryltopsy.