PDA

View Full Version : Ibook Login Problem

lloyd.rinaldi
9th September 2005, 02:12 PM
Hi guys,

I am getting back into the Mac scene having been out for many years, last mac I owned was a LC630 (oh stop laughing, it was good)

I have been given a loaner iBook to "play" with, but I think I have err.. buggered it? I'll explain.

I've set a password at startup to keep all those prying eyes out of my top secret stuff :-P
Anyway, now that I try and log in again. It wont accept the password that I have set. hmmm..
With a windows based PC you can bypass this type of arrangement, eg. starting in safemode etc. My questions are
1. Is there a "secret" way of bypassing the login?
2. If so, what is it :-)
3. If not, errr.. what do I do now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lloyd,
Sunny, outback, Darwin.

Disko
9th September 2005, 02:19 PM
Hey lloyd. Just boot off a MacOS X Installation disk and use the 'reset password' option in the menu bar of the installer.

Welcome to AppleTalk btw. ;)

purana
9th September 2005, 02:19 PM
if you have access to the install media for the machine, boot with the osx install media and before you install it (at the screen with the continue buttons). Select the pull down menu and you will find a reset password (along with disk util etc).

lloyd.rinaldi
9th September 2005, 02:29 PM
Many thanks Disko and Purana!
I will give that a wurl :-)

Lloyd,

ibaihaqi
23rd September 2005, 08:07 PM
Hi all,
I've got the same problem here.
I am newbie to Mac and bought the first iBook G3 Clamshell from eBay days ago. The OS is OS X 10.3. As I don't have the installation CD, can anyone tell me how could I get it? Where to buy (cheap one :) )? Thanks

BenQ

LCGuy
23rd September 2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by lloyd.rinaldi@Sep 9 2005, 02:12 PM
Hi guys,

I am getting back into the Mac scene having been out for many years, last mac I owned was a LC630 (oh stop laughing, it was good)
Lol there's nothing wrong with the LC630! I have one and it rocks! :D

Welcome to AppleTalk :D