PDA

View Full Version : Help with Un-Jailbroken iPhone 2G

ChrisG
22nd May 2010, 08:07 PM
Hi all,

My friend has one of the original iPhones (not sure if it's the 1G or 2G). Anyhow, when they originally bought it on eBay it was on the original 1.0 OS and they couldn't download apps. So a couple of months ago I updated the persons iphone and made sure their baseband stayed in tacked by using the PwnageTool (which worked).

My problem is when I updated it for them I told the person NOT TO UPDATE TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE or it will make the iPhone not work anymore. Anyways, a couple of months down the track they contact me and say that "I have accidentally updated to the latest iPhone version and am stuck at this screen with an iTunes logo and a USB port.

I am going to be seing them tomorrow and was wondering if there is a way to re-jailbreak an original (not been sold in Australia) iphone that has been updated to the latest 3.1.3 firmware and re-patch it again? Possibly "Spirit"?

Thanks in advance.

gehenna
22nd May 2010, 08:08 PM
Dev-Team Blog (http://blog.iphone-dev.org)

wullieb1
23rd May 2010, 01:33 PM
I used the Spirit app to jailbreak mine, was unlocked by Optus legitimately, and it worked fine.

kyte
27th May 2010, 04:10 AM
I used the Spirit app to jailbreak mine, was unlocked by Optus legitimately, and it worked fine.

I can't believe that Optus would or could have unlocked a phone never sold in Australia...