PDA

View Full Version : Mini Dv In Ilife 05

imacman
8th September 2005, 02:05 PM
HELP :(

Can anyone confirm if it is possible to import Mini DV video into Ilife05. I have a Sony DCR-HC 15e Mini DV camcorder and Ilife will not "find it".

Anyone have a solution????

Thanks,
Imacman

fompsweeva
8th September 2005, 02:16 PM
Which connection are you using?

If you are using the USB cable, you won't be able to import through iMove. USB only allows for low resolution imports.

If you want to import at the same quality as on the tape, use a firewire connection. iMovie should automatically pick up that your camera is connected.

imacman
8th September 2005, 02:31 PM
Yeah i am using the firewire cable. It will not find it. It is a brand new cable. Mmmm :angry:

purana
8th September 2005, 02:50 PM
Got to be something going on..

Who can believe sony charges $134 for a i.link cable.. pfft.. rort.

imacman
8th September 2005, 02:55 PM
yeah it is a third party cable............do you thiink i need the dedicated sony ilink cable?

Thanks,

purana
8th September 2005, 02:57 PM
I dont reckon you do, at the end of the day i.link and firewire is the samething.. however who knows if sony changed the wiring in the cable.. I doubt they did, but you never know.

As far as I know, its firewire a cable.

imacman
8th September 2005, 03:45 PM
Thanks Purana,

Regardless of cable, i will try and sort through that, can ImovieHD import in Mini DV format?

Peter Wells
8th September 2005, 04:51 PM
all sony's should work with firewire and a mac. cant remember the settings on imovie (its been so long) but doesnt the imovie automatically open when you connect a dv camera? BTW the camera must be on VTR...

and yes, imovie will import mini dv. just check the preferences and set to PAL.

BiRDBRAiN
9th September 2005, 08:28 AM
I've got a Sharp Mini DV and it works fine.

You have to make sure the camera is set to 'playback' mode for it to work though.