PDA

View Full Version : How to show files in order of kind

chadteetzen
17th May 2010, 07:54 AM
in the Finder how do i make it where it always arranges my files by "kind" and not alphabetically? anyone know? thanks.. OS X Snow Leopard

Alex Morrow
17th May 2010, 08:09 AM
If they are sorted alphabetically at present, you should see that the "Name" section is blue. Click in the section that says "Kind" and they will sort according to Kind. Arrow up in that section is alphabetically according to Kind; arrow down is the opposite order, but still by Kind.

tupps
17th May 2010, 09:25 AM
You can, but you have to switch to 'List' view in the finder (cmd-2) or use view menu, then just click on the type header.

Note when you switch back to column view the list will be sorted in name order.

marc
17th May 2010, 10:40 AM
If you use the Finderís column view, youíll appreciate the new option to designate the sorting order. Snow Leopardís new Finder lets you sort by name, date modified, date created, size, kind, or label. But as much as I like the new sorting options, column view still lacks the option to set the sort order as ascending or descending.
Snow Leopard: Column View Sorting (http://macs.about.com/od/snowleopardmacosx106/ig/Snow-Leopard-Review-Images/columnsortoptions500x263.htm)